Gisborough Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brockley Hall Hotel(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
The Spa Hotel(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
  • Beachfront
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
  • Restaurant
The Treebridge Hotel(Middlesbrough)
Excellent 5/5
The Grapes Inn(Easington)
  • Breakfast included
1,601 results
All reviewsmacdonald hotelswoodland wingnew wingfeature roommain restaurantlovely hotelafternoon teastately homeclassic roomg barcountry housedrawing roomthe north yorkshire moorsnight breakevening mealfountain suitepublic rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A lovely country house hotel set in beautiful grounds. The staff were very helpful and extremelly accommodating. My room was large and well appointed, with a majestic large desk. A few dodgy moments. There was a fire alarm (nobody's fault but not ideal), the pillows are a bit too squishy, and the wifi is not strong. Food in the bistro was well priced and delicious, as well as having a good range of drinks. The hotel is quite sqiggly in design, being so old with extensions, so expect to get a bit lost from time to time. I found the wedding area by accident (it looked lovely but was not where I wanted to be). Overall a pretty decent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David N
KimYardley, General Manager at Gisborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Daffsnewell

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Gisborough Hall.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return. We are introducing a pillow menu, pillows are feather down, and in the wardrobes we keep firmer fibre pillows and also have non allergenic pillows if required. We just need to tell our guests!

We hope that you will soon return.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Booked this hotel for a business trip not impressed with the rooms very old fashioned and smelt of must. Bed was uncomfortable, no wifi or mobile connection. Did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. Only positive was a lovely scenery.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in the old part of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear lizzy41black

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor, we are not complacent and value all comments in order to improve for future guests.

I would be grateful if you could e-mail me direct to tell me which room you stayed in? gm.gisboroughhall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk we have replaced a significant number of mattresses over the past 12-months, I would like to inspect the one in the room that you stayed in and replace if necessary.

Our rooms are all being refreshed as we speak, my team are decorating and grouting. Armoires are being repainted in neutral colours and bedside tables adapted. With duvets and flat screen TVs, the bedrooms are beginning to look more modern yet traditional.

We have installed the Cloud free wifi at the hotel, however are now aware that there are pockets of the hotel that do not pick this up, additional routers have been ordered.

We do hope that you will return in the future and have a most comfortable stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we spent a night at the hotel and had dinner in there resteraunt , the hotel and all the staff were very friendly and most helpful with all our needs, the food was very good and the service was equally so . i would recommend our stay to anyone who is looking for a short break in a lovely setting.

2  Thank BOB l
KimYardley, General Manager at Gisborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear BOB l

Thank you very much for your review, it means so much to the team that you would recommend us.

I am delighted that we fulfilled your needs and you had a comfortable stay and an enjoyable dinner. We look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just wanted to leave a quick review of my stay on here as myself and my wife had a great time here. I had a bit of a problem with the booking and had to move the date, the reception staff were very helpful over the phone and on arrival.

The afternoon tea, evening meal & breakfast we had were all amazing, the food here is great. There really is only a couple of things I could think of that are negatives, it would be nice to have a choice of firm/soft pillows as the ones we had were a bit flat but aside from that the bed was very comfy.

The waiting staff all seemed quite young and some a bit inexperienced but were polite and helpful, The maitre de Byron & our waiter Johnny (I think) were great too.

Would not hesitate to go back and would recommend it to anyone, my wife had a great birthday so thanks to any of the staff who might be reading this.

3  Thank JossWilson

Dear JossWilson

I really appreciated you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Gisborough Hall.

I am delighted that you found your meals amazing, we do offer both foam or feather pillows, perhaps we ought to advertise this in the room?

Both Byron and Jonny will be delighted with your comments; we hope that you will return soon.
Meanwhile, belated birthday wishes to your wife!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Room 125 which was refurbished toward the end of 2013 is worth a visit! A beautiful four poster bed, electronic controlled mood lighting, lots of space, a stone bay window with excellent secondary glazing to keep out the chill, beautiful heavy black-out curtains...splendid luxury and even a little box of luxury chocolates awaited us on the pillow of the huge four-poster bed! Only as we were leaving we were told this room is often used as the "Bridal Suite"! The bathroom is modern with a two person, free standing, luxury bath, two person shower, twin sinks and toilet all bedazzled in shining chrome and porcelain.

We were out for a drive and didn't want to go home, thus arrived without luggage on the off-chance of getting a room. Arriving at 10pm, we got this luxurious room and breakfast for just £191. The breakfast was excellent with a combination of buffet and served to table hot food (being charged an extra £2.75 for eggs benedict was a little "strange" considering the price of the room!).

The service throughout the hotel is excellent and a little oldie-world in style. The staff are happy to engage with their customers and service is given with a smile.

We will be back to stay in Room 125 again, arriving early enough to enjoy the complimentary drinks tray in the room!!

Room Tip: Room 125 in the old Hall, unrestricted view across the front lawn to the hills. Recently refurbished with excellent fitting and luxurious comfort.
1  Thank John L
KimYardley, General Manager at Gisborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear John L

I am so pleased that Room 125 the “Rose Room” was vacant when you chanced upon Gisborough Hall on an evening drive. You make it sound so terribly romantic!

This room is without doubt one of my favourites at the Hall, recently refurbished including the modern and tasteful bathroom which you have beautifully described.

A bridal suite or simply a comfortable bedroom to while away the hours maybe simply gazing from the windows over fields of llama and lambs to the hills beyond.

We hope that you will return soon.