After a lovely weekend at rockcliffe hall and a stay for private dining at raithwaite hall, which was superb, we were looking forward to a stay at gisborough hall for a private dining function. I got married at g hall and am a regular visitor. However yesterday I noticed a drastic slip in service which to be fair was like this when I visited recently for afternoon tea and the friendliness of the staff was non existent. It was such a step down from the courteous and attentive staff at raithwaite who served us fine food and drinks with a smile throughout our visit. Considering the £1000 plus we spent yesterday we did not feel welcome. My mum and dad were stopping the night and I was going to stay however decided I couldn't waste another £100 on a room as the service had been such a let down. Several times I asked for the lounge menu and the server ignored me. A full glass of champagne was spilt by a server over the table which hit my husband and the server wasn't really concerned. I also asked for a drink at one point and all I received was a 'mm' not the response I expect. I specifically ordered a dessert and again the response 'mm'. This kind of service is not acceptable how about 'of course madam. The plates and empty glasses piled up on the table and several times I asked for the room and table to be cleared and a few glasses were taken after several requests. I will attach photos if I can. All of our party were very disappointed not just me. There seemed to be no flexibility with the staff . We asked if they could make up a ham and cheese toasted sandwich for my 3 year old and were told this was not possible. However at raithwaite hall at 11pm this request was immediately fulfilled. I feel that the amount of money and the bar bill we were building deserved a much more personal experience or at least regular orders for drinks taken. The hotel bar and lounge was not exactly busy in the evening. I also feel personally the quality of the food has also slipped drastically. I am a company director myself and understand how important it is for the staff to portray the correct image of the hotel well this is not what is happening. The staff seemed inexperienced and not interested in our guest experience. It is also a worry that my father purchased a voucher for my mother for gisborough hall which I know she will now be worried about using. I feel that this matter requires addressing and I will be forwarding a formal complaint to the head office as this hotel was once full of friendly and professional staff, it is such a shame it has gone down hill so much. I could go on more as I am so cross but I will save it for my formal complaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors in the market town of Guisborough yet close to the coastal towns of Whitby and Saltburn-by-Sea is Gisborough Hall. A stunning, ivy-clad, period building with all the features to make you feel like Lord and Lady of the manor. When you're not exploring the fascinating local area, back at the hotel, our attentive team are happy to run around after you, serving our renowned afternoon tea or deliciously cooked evening meals, prepared using the freshest finest ingredients. A picture perfect wedding venue both inside and out, special memories are created at Gisborough Hall Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gisborough Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gisborough Hall Guisborough
- Gisborough Hall Hotel Guisborough, North Yorkshire