“Terrible food...”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Huntsman is a community pub situated in the attractive town of Guisborough. It currently offers a wide range of drinks from the bar, serve home cooked food daily from 12pm till 8.00Pm. We now also serve Sunday carvery. A light bite menu is available at only £3.75 And children's meals again only £3.75 Which includes a free drink. We hold monthly events from children's entertainment to classic car shows and more!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Today at 1215, seven of us visited the huntsman for lunch...no fosters or carling - fine - ordered a strongbow and a coors, costing £15 + for 2 pints and 5 cordials...

Checked out the food menu, ordered the food by 1230..at this point a couple who were in when we got there recieved a raw parmo and burger � the barmaid refunded the couple and called in another chef!

We decided to wait for the other chef and food bookings were still taken...chef arrived and he got to work.. @ 1:10 we were told our food would be 5mins, while the other few tables were told 10mins..

20mins later (not the 5mins stated) our food arrived (by the way the other table waited another 50mins not 10 while some others left with refund)...

Battered fish was sloppy and stinking - presuming it was off ��..

All day breakfast was covered in black oil..�

One of the parmos had a large hair in it, while it sat on a bed of black grease (I didn't realise this at the time and thought it was vinegar) �

Cheese sandwich should be simple right? Come in a ciabatta style bun which was more like a rock! �

Chips were black - not burnt, just cooked in dirty fat! And the chip basket that come with the burger might have looked good but it was broken and sharp �

While we were sat with this "food" the table who waited patiently for approx 1hr 30mins were served more unedible food and instantly asked for a refund...so did another 3 groups of people after seeing/hearing all what was going on!

We waited for the barmaid to deal with this before we too asked for a refund...the lass dealt with all this greatly and tried her best to get the "chef" in gear but unfortunately it just wasn't happening ..she contacted the manager and informed him of the days disasters/refunds amounts but he didn't seem interested.. Kitchen was closed and we were the last to leave the empty pub at 3:00.! If I'd of been that lass behind the bar I'd have shut up and gone home too! �

Never had a bad experience in here in however many years but it sure is now in need of a good sort out before it ends up boarded up through poor management and lack of custom....shame!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first (and last) visit to The Huntsman. When we entered the building my wife did have reservations but we decided to give it a try. The barman was polite and we ordered our meal which was Pulled Pork Burger, Salad and Chips, my wife ordered meat and potato with a pastry top. My wife asked for only carrots and no peas as she does not like peas, but when the meals were brought, there were peas on the plate as the chef said that that was the menu!
My burger bun was dry, the meat was dry the salad looked old and the chips were undercooked basically raw! There was no gravy or sauce with my pulled pork which made it even drier!
My wifes meal was no better, it looked rather like the remains of at least the day befores left overs and again was very dry. The carrots were also dry and peas she never wanted were left! I had to ask for more gravy which was lumpy. I dont know what else to say the meal was appaling and I certainly would reccommend this place to anyone! My wife used the toilet which she tells me there there was no lock on the toilet door and the paintwork looked like it needed a good clean!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Booked a month ago when we got there the tables where not ready One of the starters was undercook we had to wait about 3/4 hours for the meals to start coming out and by the the first one had finnish the last one was getting serve not good The food was good and hot Pitty about the services Would we go back No

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Took the Family for Parmo's, the food was good, propper hand cut chips, good service. The kids said it was the beast Parmo ever.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a few drinks with my mate. Plenty of seating, nice atmosphere. The staff were friendly. Beer and larger was nice. Plenty of kids running about having fun. They were no bother and it was nice to see to be honest. We will be going back again.