“Brilliant!”

Cross Keys By Good Night Inns
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Guisborough
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Such a lovely, friendly hotel. Have stayed there several times. Reception is excellent,typical of northern hospitality. Rooms are clean, warm and practical. Adjoining pub restaurant features attentive and helpful staff and delicious food in quaint surroundings. Excellent value and most enjoyable.

Room Tip: On quite a busy main road so rooms at the back of the building are quieter!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Typical Premier Inn , which means a high level of cleanliness, comfortable rooms and more than adequate facilities . To this add a warm welcome and an excellent location that allows easy access to the moors and coast. The attached pub completes the package.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at this PI in September whilst visiting the area. As has been reported the hotel is at the side of a busy dual carriageway and is easy to locate with a large car park which is covered by CCTV.

A very friendly welcome was offered on arrival and the member of staff took the time to chat with me. I had booked a saver room, however payment was taken on arrival for this and the member of staff explained this was due to the hotel being a franchise which is owned by Spirit, although I was advised that the standards were the same as a regular Premier Inn and that the good night guarantee still applies.

I was allocated room two which was to the back and was very quiet. The room was very big and had been thoroughly cleaned prior to my arrival. A large work desk was available with plenty of lighting whilst the bed was massive and very comfortable.

A good nights sleep was had whilst the shower was also very good - powerful and plenty of hot water.

Breakfast is served in the pub which is attached and the standard PI breakfast is available which is cooked to order and was very nice. I didn't eat in the restaurant at nights however the menu looked very good.

The only negative aspects of the visit was the internet and television. The signal for both was quite poor with a scrambled picture and the internet signal was not very strong whilst the mobile signal (I'm with Orange, others may be different) was also quite poor in the room outside and in the bar area however it was fine.

Overall the visit was enjoyable, the staff were very friendly and I would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Room two was very quiet as it was to the back away from the road and the room was big.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Planned to stay 2 nights but cancelled the second due to a change in business plans. Arrived around 8pm, lovely chap on reception, no-one else about so quickly issued my room and paid my dues. Room was first floor. Clean, with 2 singles. I did spend about ten minutes man handling the two beds together to made a double. Bed was a tad uncomfortable in spite of my efforts, and couldn't get the pillows right (1 too low, 2 too high regardless of if I tried soft or firm). I was in a room right by the main road. They have double glazing as well as a inner sliding glass window which did minimise the road noise but I didn't find it too busy, even during morning rush hour. I do sleep with ear plugs which may have helped. I was woken by the TV going turning itself on at 6am, and then again half hour later. Rather than trying to figure out the remote, I turned it off at the wall. I've seen another review stating the same problems so not sure if it's the same room or someone has a sick sense of humour and set them all like that. Note to self, if the TV is off at the wall, it's probably for a good reason!

The facilities were good. again clean, shower a little under powered (water pressure rather than power shower) and the temperature deviated slightly, but not enough to cause a fuss about.

Staff were friendly, quick check out, and as I checked out before 1pm, they refunded the second night without fuss, and it appeared quickly back on my credit card. I could comment on the food aspect as I didn't eat here, but it was offer at check in and the receptionist explained the opening hours which was handy to know.

All in all, not a bad experience, good location to where I needed to be, not disturb by other guests, ample parking and a bed to lay my head. It did the job well.

I would say that it would be handy having power points by the bed. I had to unplug the kettle on the other side of the room to plug my phone charge in. I was a little worried that with my ear plugs and by phone doubling as my alarm clock being over 8ft away from my head than normal, I would be late.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My partner and I had a very comfortable and pleasant stay in this accomodation.
Staff were friendly and obliging. Accomodation very clean, extremely comfortable bed and pillows making for an excellent night sleep. Meals were tasty and my partner said 'breakfast fit for a king'! Location pleasant with a peaceful beer garden.
Don't like to sing praises for this accomodation too much as will make it harder for us to get booked in! Thanks to staff for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here a number of times as its the only accommodation near to the office. Its now getting very tired, still very noisy if you have a room next to the dual carriageway, furnishings and decor not up to the newer Premier Inns (tiny tv, dribble of a shower) but the main problem is the WiFi, as this is frequented by business people I would have thought it would be more robust. Having paid for a months access you connect only to be knocked off after half an hour and a screen telling you the system is initialising. Not impressed. Staff are friendly though, but it needs a makeover. Unfortunately there is little else in the area but if you can source a room at the impossible to get £25 rate then worth it, I have never been able to get this and the average is £69 a night.

Room Tip: Insist on a room overlooking the car park unless you have ear plugs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was the nearest premier inn to whitby, but is a bit isolated on the dual carriageway. WARNING - when booking on the website, the message is extremely inadequate that tells you they don't accept leisure vouchers. We bought the vouchers then had to pay again when they said at checkin they were a franchise.
Very noisy, lots of banging doors (why do premier inn not install soft closing doors???) and we had the family from hell above us, so had to get reception to go up in the night and get them to stop their kids doing the triple jump across the room.
On a better note, they were friendly and helpful in sorting the noise out. We did get the good night guarantee refund after all the noise.
The room was quite hot, and even though the roof info said you could ask for an extra fan there were none.
Breakfast was very average, not the usual premier inn standard i'm afraid.

Room Tip: A "back" room will get you away from the dual carriageway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guisborough
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Cross Keys By Good Night Inns? Share your experiences!