We stayed here recently for 2 nights and cannot speak highly enough of the place. We decided to splash out on a room with river frontage and a small patio which was absolutely perfect. A fire pit with plentiful wood, firelighters etc was available along with marshmallows for toasting and sloe gin for sipping (both topped up the next day), all made for a very pleasant end to each evening! We had a dog with us and the room was prepared with a dog bed in the corner, treats and a bowl of water all waiting, as the lovely lady who showed us around said, dogs are not just tolerated here but welcome in their own right!
Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful but also very professional, couldn't fault any of them in the slightest.
One slight (very slight) negative is the food was merely ok - nothing wrong with it per se just a bit unexciting.
It is best to book a table for dinner as they are constricted by the size of the kitchen so if you forget to book (as we did) you may find yourself eating quite late!
Another thing, it is possible to book a table for dinner in an area where dogs are allowed so be sure to mention this if you require (Plenty of non dog eating area as well for those who don't like this).
All in all would thoroughly recommend the Old Swan and Minster Mill for a lovely relaxing break where you will find yourself looked after immaculately
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic Cotswold inn and boutique hotel, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is privately owned by Andrew Brownsword Hotels. Set is the picturesque village of Old Minster alongside the River Windrush, the 15 bedroom inn is stunningly romantic. A further 37 contemporary guest rooms and suites are available in Minster Mill. Family rooms and dog friendly rooms are available. For those looking for more privacy and space, the adjoining newly restored Swan Cottage offers three ensuite bathrooms and a private garden. Dining in the 600-year-old inn feels like stepping back in time with stone floors, beamed ceilings, roaring log fires and delicious gastro-pub food based on fresh, local, seasonal ingredients with a modern twist. Over 65 acres of gardens and 2 miles of fly-fishing on over a mile of the River Windrush ensure a tranquil and picturesque setting. Children have a wealth of activities. There is a tennis court, badminton, gym, croquet, petanque and spa treatments available. Located between the medieval town of Burford and historic market town of Witney, the inn is a short drive from Blenheim Palace and Bicester Designer Shopping Village. Oxford is 20 minutes drive. Nearest train station Charlbury is 15 minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire