Excellent short stay, pricy but worth the splash out.
Great pet friendly place in a sleepy part of the Cotswalds.
Food excellent but don't overdo the sandwiches at lunch, they are big but tasty. By the evening meal we just weren't that hungry.
Having said that the hake I had for dinner was just right.
I didn't see anyone tending the gardens but they were in great condition.
Recommend room 141 which has its own patio are with wood burning stove for the cooler evenings. View from the patio overlooks the wedding area, croquet court and river.
Brilliant service from well trained staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 miles from Oxford and 11 miles from Blenheim Palace, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The magical gardens, wild flower meadows and woodland which enclose the mill and inn come alive during the summer months – fishing, walking, croquet and tennis are the order of the day while throughout cooler weather roaring log fires provide a welcome retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire