This was an unforgettable experience. From the grounds of the hotel itself to all the walking trails; everything is simply beautiful. Our room was very nice. The window opened to the small court yard with the water fountain. The restaurant at the Old Swan served great food and drinks. Great wine and beer. The walk to the nearby St. Kenelm's church, the ruins of Minster Lovell Hall, all the way to Crawley... enchanting.
We were in Crawley when rain started pouring down. No worries; a quick call to the Old Swan front desk and voila; a taxi showed up in 5 minutes to take us back to the hotel.
To sum it up, one of our best travel experiences ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 miles from Oxford and 11 miles from Blenheim Palace, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The magical gardens, wild flower meadows and woodland which enclose the mill and inn come alive during the summer months – fishing, walking, croquet and tennis are the order of the day while throughout cooler weather roaring log fires provide a welcome retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire