A delightful setting on the banks of the river - we were a family with an 18 month old "toddler" visiting the area for a Friday wedding. The allocated rooms were in the Mill accommodation. These were well furnished, spotless and available for occupancy. However one of the two rooms was decidedly "cosy" - and without too much storage space. For an overnight stay these would be fine but as we were there for three nights (with wedding clothes) it resulted in empty suitcases being returned to the car and constant re-shuffling of items in the room.
Meals (we had two evening meals) were excellent in service and presentation and the breakfasts were marvellous. Almost without question the reception, waiting and bar staff were professional - being both attentive and efficient. The down side of our stay was a very noisy / "lively" wedding that took place on the Saturday of our stay. We had rooms very close to the main evening area being used and we were woken up (having managed to finally get to sleep over the disco noise) at 1.00am ish as the revelers returned to their rooms (unfortunately near ours) without too much consideration for others - including our toddler grandson who was woken! When I mentioned this to the Hotel management the next morning I was offered an apology - but was not really satisfied with the answer when I asked why guests not attending the wedding were not allocated rooms further from the Wedding party venue. Our only two disappointments of the visit - the disturbance of the noise and the lack of pre-planning for our booking - made 6 months prior to the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic Cotswold inn and boutique hotel, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is privately owned by Andrew Brownsword Hotels. Set is the picturesque village of Old Minster alongside the River Windrush, the 15 bedroom inn is stunningly romantic. A further 37 contemporary guest rooms and suites are available in Minster Mill. Family rooms and dog friendly rooms are available. For those looking for more privacy and space, the adjoining newly restored Swan Cottage offers three ensuite bathrooms and a private garden. Dining in the 600-year-old inn feels like stepping back in time with stone floors, beamed ceilings, roaring log fires and delicious gastro-pub food based on fresh, local, seasonal ingredients with a modern twist. Over 65 acres of gardens and 2 miles of fly-fishing on over a mile of the River Windrush ensure a tranquil and picturesque setting. Children have a wealth of activities. There is a tennis court, badminton, gym, croquet, petanque and spa treatments available. Located between the medieval town of Burford and historic market town of Witney, the inn is a short drive from Blenheim Palace and Bicester Designer Shopping Village. Oxford is 20 minutes drive. Nearest train station Charlbury is 15 minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire