This is a lovely place to hide for a couple of days!
We received a warm welcome from the hotel staff, the rooms are comfortable and well furnished, if a little small (at the less expensive end) and there is plenty to do.
Luckily we chose to do the river/meadow walk before it rained. This is more short walk than casual stroll and the countryside is delightful. Others played tennis or had fly fishing lessons or played croquet or large chess.
Breakfast exceeded expectation. Again the welcome was very warm. Cold table, bot buffet and specials to order. The fresh strawberries and raspberries were first class as was the choice of fresh honey and jams. Breads and croissants were beautifully fresh and for once the hot buffet had a full range including real local sausages and properly cooked bacon. Super!
We also had afternoon tea and dinner. Lovely scones and clotted cream but strangely dizzy service. At odds with the rest of our stay, it was busy....
Dinner was good too. The steak pie with king Edward mash and vegetables was as good a pie as I have eaten for a long time, really succulent meat. The wine list is quite extensive, perhaps not the best value for money, though if you are feeling flush there is some very fine wine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 miles from Oxford and 11 miles from Blenheim Palace, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The magical gardens, wild flower meadows and woodland which enclose the mill and inn come alive during the summer months – fishing, walking, croquet and tennis are the order of the day while throughout cooler weather roaring log fires provide a welcome retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire