All reviews luxury suite beautiful hotel high standard fresh milk in the fridge a small kitchen area itison deal white company toiletries homemade shortbread afternoon tea loch rannoch turn down service family suite rannoch station first class bottle of prosecco lounge area little touches
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Arrived in Scottish most and pouring rain. Very p
Eased

Arrived Scottish mist and pouring rain. Bit of a drive but lovely surprise to be in smart hotel. We were met by lovely staff, had my afternoon tea at lunch (my choice) smart bedroom, the bed so comfy. Then nice dinner. Great manager so helpful, only prob theweather was terrible!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DunGuestExperience, Manager at Dunalastair Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Lindsay M

Thank you form your kind words about Dunalastair Hotel Suites, our refurbishment is absolutely beautiful in such a stunning location, but this would mean nothing without the fantastic hard work and dedication of the team.

It is a shame that weather let you down on your visit, but hopefully you can return soon in the hope of some sunshine to explore the natural beauty spots around the hotel; Carie Forest, by the South Loch Road or along breath-taking waterfalls and lochs

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to the Dunalastair and I'd happily return. As a family of 4, with a toddler and baby, I was a bit concerned about how family friendly the hotel would be. As it turned out, no need to worry. We were in room 109 which was just perfect. Two double rooms and a living room space was plenty room for the 4 of us. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and made an effort to speak to my toddler. The food in the hotel was yummy and my request to have my toddlers food served as soon as it was ready in order to keep him happy was easily accommodated. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be very happy to return in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank titchlouise84

Dear titchlouise84

Its great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent visit and thank you for leaving such lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

We have 32 suites split into five room type categories and believe we have something for everyone; families, couples, groups and solo travellers.
Room 109 is one of our luxurious family suites which consists of two bedrooms (1x King, 1x Super-king) with an open plan sitting area and kitchenette. The family suite is the largest room type we have and is perfect for two adults and two children or up to five adults.

It was a delight to have you and your family with us and i would love the opportunity to personally oversee your next reservation. If you are able to come back to visit us, please do call the hotel and ask for me directly.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We had few expectations of our couple of days at the newly renovated dunalastair hotel suites but were in for a great surprise. The staff could not have been more friendly and went out of their way to make sure that every little detail of our stay was perfect. The suite was beautifully furnished and the bed extremely comfortable. The meals were of an exceptionally high standard and we left feeling relaxed and very happy with our visit. We would highly recommend a stay at the dunalastair hotel suites.

Dear tricia n

I really appreciate your fabulous feedback and the time taken to leave such lovely comments.

The whole team here at Dunalastair Hotel Suites prides themselves on going above and beyond to exceed expectations on every level. We personally show guests to their rooms during the check in process, there is fresh milk and homemade shortbread in each room on arrival, we offer a complimentary turn service and know our menus in great details. We believe its these little touches that make all the difference.

If you are able to come back to visit us again soon, please do let me know and I will be happy to personally oversee your next reservation

Reviewed 30 November 2017

What a fantastic hotel and location. I travel the UK staying at Hilton group hotels which tend to be very good although geared towards the mass business traveller market. It was really nice to visit Dunalastair Hotel and experience attention to detail and a personal touch I'm not used to at the Hilton hotels. Cleanliness excellent, rooms excellent, quality of food excellent. Two minor things. 1. The heating in the room is electric without convection. This makes the air very dry. As it was below zero outside, we didn't want to open a window. 2. Food orders were a bit of lottery if you choose to order slightly different than the menu item. e.g. I ordered the steak and asked for no mushrooms as I am allergic. I did say this to the waiter. My plate arrived with mushrooms. Breakfast was the same in that although you clearly got the choice of items for your cooked breakfast, this didn't mean you would get what you asked for. This may be a communication issue between staff as 90% are not originally from the UK. Although these sound like criticisms, please be assured these are very, very minor as the whole experience, surroundings, quality etc id just fantastic.

Room tip: If you are visiting in the cold winter months, as the hotel to have the heating switched on to full in your room a good few hours before you arrive.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DunGuestExperience, Manager at Dunalastair Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Kenny G,

Thank you for a very detailed insight into your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay overall.

It is particularly encouraging to read that the two elements your highlighted for improvement did not affect your experience on the whole and I thank you once again for highlighting the excellent standards of accommodation and luxury surroundings we offer at Dunalastair. We aspire to be one of the best hotels in the whole of Scotland and I am pleased you were in agreement.

Notwithstanding the above, my team and I were disappointed to note that we fall short of exceeding your expectations due to the bedroom heating and your food order. The air circulation in your suite shouldn’t have been that dry as all of our suites are well ventilated with the heating controls computer regulated but it would appear the optimum balance of heating versus fresh air was not achieved in your suite this time. The hotel is fitted with a Dimplex heating system, one of the most advanced electric space heating systems available. However our engineering team is already on the case with a review of every aspect of your suite to ensure the temperature ambience is well balanced and prevent a similar scenario in future. As you would have noticed, all of our suites also come with openable windows with both vented and full opening options.

On the service inadequacy you cited, this is clearly unacceptable and should never have occurred. My team and I are most sorry for the unfortunate misunderstanding you experienced. The Dunalastair team goes through rigorous service and quality assurance training precisely to ensure our guests’ every need is catered for, delivering the personalised and consistent service excellence our guests have come to expect at Dunalastair Hotel Suites. Clearly we have not met that level of standard on this occasion. I have already initiated an internal review as to why this happened with our F&B department and can assure you we will do whatever it takes to prevent a similar lapse in future. Retraining will be provided where required and as appropriate.

We welcome all guest feedback positive or otherwise at Dunalastair as it is through such candid comments that we are able to continuously review and improve our service standards and product offering. I am very disappointed that we were not able to pick up on your experience during your stay and immediately put right your points of note prior to your departure.

I apologise that we did not fully meet your expectations on this occasion and do very much hope you will give us another opportunity so that we can deliver the full experience we strive to offer to all of our guests all of the time. The team and I hope to welcome you again before too long.

Please do contact me directly at gm@dunalastairhotel.com or on 01882 580 444 should you wish to discuss the above points further.

Kindest Regards,

Richard Deak

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We were the 1st paying customers of the Dunalastair back in April, The decor is stunning, Rooms are Gorgeous and an excellent wine list. We've had a few lunches here and had our 1evening meal on Saturday. Stunning starter and superb Steaks. However one thing i will say is when serving fish and chips for lunch it should be served with chips and not french fries, Also the fish needs to be cooked a little bit more. Absolutely love this place and will definitely be back again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TyTzar

Dear TyTzar

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review from your trip in April.

We would certainly agree with you, that our stunning renovation has provided us with a beautiful hotel in an equally breath-taking location.

The menu we offer at the hotel is updated regularly by our head chef and uses local ingredients where possible. We pride ourselves on serving authentic Scottish cuisine and classic British dishes, which are prepared daily by skilled kitchen team.

We take on board all feedback, good and constructive. For example, our breakfast menu has recently been amended based on the feedback received since the hotel opened, so I will be sure to consider your point, chips vs. French fries, when we update the seasonal dinner menu.

We look forward to seeing you again soon