We stayed here a couple of years ago in the winter and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so decided to try a summer vacation. We were not disappointed. The unit was right on the loch with fabulous views and clean, comfortable accommodation. If you want to relax, walk, or visit local places such as Pitlochry, Aberfeldy or drive a little further to Perth this is a great base. The weather was good and, as dog owners, were glad that we could take our small dog with us. The advantage of a summer break here is the saving on energy costs as everything is electric and the price of electricity is very high in this area. Our bill this time was £11 but in the winter was over £80.
The local shop has most things you will need and the staff at the resort are friendly and helpful. We didn't visit any restaurants in the area as we brought food and wine with us and the kitchen in the unit had everything you need to prepare your meals and had a large dining table for 6.
Overall a great place to relax and will definitely visit again. I exchanged a week in my timeshare in Lanzarote via Interval International.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Loch Rannoch Highland Club is a Timeshare Holiday complex of 85 properties in the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch, in Perthshire, Scotland. Our apartments and Lodges can accommodate between 4 and 8 guests. The properties are available to rent, and a few are available for resale, at very competitive prices. The Highland Club is on the banks of Loch Rannoch, a beautiful loch surrounded by walks and scenic locations. The wild Rannoch Moor stretches to the west, and the Tay Forest Park lies along its southern short. The loch, and the Highland Club are presided over by the majestic Schiehallion, or Sidh Chailleann in Gaelic (Fairy Hill of the Caledonians). This Munro is one of the best known in Scotland, and offers breathtaking views and walks.Nestled on the shores of Loch Rannoch, the Loch Secluded and tranquil, as the early morning mists rise slowly from the Loch it is easy to surmise how JM Barrie was inspired to write Peter Pan during his visits to Loch Rannoch area. The imagination can envisage through the mists the bow wave from Hook's ship as it slowly moves towards its Anchorage. The clubs' set activities include; - "the clan night" where two of our tame and (usually) pacified Highlanders give an extremely interesting talk on local history, the clan system, highland dress, and weaponry. The club organised guided walks are set at a pace that everybody can enjoy. Why not spend an evening showing off your intellectual skills at the club quiz night? A water colour masterclass is also provided by the club with a guarantee that every participant will leave with a painting. Of course, no visit to Scotland would be complete without participating in a whisky tasting class. The clubs set activities are included in the price of your accommodation.Providing comfortable self catering accommodation in a breath-taking setting, with fabulous views over Loch Rannoch each unit is comprehensively fitted out with everything you could require making this your home from home in the Highlands.From Rannoch Station you can catch the train to Fort William and then carry on to Mallaig, either by ScotRail or by the world famous Jacobean steam railway following the renowned route used by this steam locomotive in the Harry Potter films.By road Pitlochry, Perth, Aberfeldy, Aviemore and Inverness are easily within day visit radius.Wi-Fi facilities are provided free on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Loch Rannoch Highland Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Rannoch Highland Club Hotel Kinloch Rannoch
- Loch Rannoch Highland Club Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland