This is a beautiful hotel in an outstandingly beautiful setting.
I would say it took more than 30 mins to travel to the hotel along very winding if scenic roads. Travel pills a must for bad travellers.
The food was lovely although the set menu was the same both nights we stayed.
The waiting staff were in no way unpleasant but lacked any animation.
At breakfast both mornings there were a lack of plates on the buffet.
The pool only opens from 8am and as breakfast is only until 10am this meant we were having to pull the kids out and chivy them on to get them for breakfast on time. It was quiet while we were there and the kids pretty much had the pool to themselves.
The website was unclear that there was a surcharge for kids over 5 for meals. Hopefully this will be made more clear as the very helpful lady on reception on the last day was going to pass that on and she did organise for us to get a refund.
There is very little phone reception in the area and wifi it available at a charge.
I probably would not go back to this hotel with kids. If you want a nice hotel to go to go hill walking it is definitely worth the journey but if you are using it as a base to visit Pitlochry etc be prepared for a lot of driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch