Where to start....
Front of house- friendly all good so far.
Room- yuck! Small, a whole in wall, dirty carpet, no hand soap or shower gel etc. Ancient tiny T.V Smelly (food and stale cigarettes even though it's a non smoking hotel??) told reception about smell and lack of soap to be informed I "already had these in my room". Trust me I didn't go downstairs to complain about this when I already had these...
Bar- old and dated, not in a good quaint way in a really...!! you've not spent anything on this in at least 10 years way. One barmaid for bar and lounge so the poor girl was trying to split herself between these fairly, unfortunately that meant people were moaning on both bars waited about 20mins for first round and there was only 3 people in front of me. On second round I was informed she was also doing room service...Really? was it a surprise all these people were staying in your hotel? Didn't they reserve rooms therefor you knew they were coming?
Pool and gym - was all ok and I mean ok. Was not given a key for locker so had to pop my stuff in and just hope it was all there when I got out. Really grubby though, floors were kind of slimy around the outside of the pool flip flops were required. Shower area grate was broken and taped up. I informed reception about the lack of key she seemed uninterested and unapologetic.
Restaurant- was actually very good! I know I sound surprised! Very pricey though 2 steaks 1 coke and 1 beer £75. So you be the judge of that we all have different opinions of what's expensive and what's not.
I don't expect anyone form Mcdonald to actually see/read this or care to be honest, but hey you never know!
On a positive note the scenery was beautiful as was the weather, but, for £180 per night trust me we'll NEVER return and if I were you I'd consider elsewhere, it's Scotland there plenty of lochs and beautiful scenery and MUCH better hotels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch