We stayed 3 nights and really loved this hotel. It had real history to it and the staff were great. Beautiful, remote location. It is not "corporate", there are chunks of paint missing out of the front door and, yeah, it is old fashioned. Don't let that worry you though. Can't comment on the leisure facilities as we didn't use them. Restaurant was lovely. Breakfast was superb and cooked to order. Supplement for eggs Benedict a bit cheeky considering what else you could choose, or indeed not choose, for free anyway. Not as annoying as the price of wine though - hotels really need to wake up to the fact that you can buy perfectly pleasant supermarket wine for less than £6 per bottle these days and paying £23 for similar/ lower quality is really not funny. The pub nearest my house is currently supplying a bottle of wine for £5 if you buy 2 main courses from them and I am assured still makes a profit...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch