My husband and I returned for a 2 night stay with our labrador. We love the hotel and find the setting next to the Loch just stunning. The hotel was more than happy to take the dog and only charged an extra £10 for the whole stay. We were not given the best room, obviously, as we had the dog but the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The decor in the hotel is a bit tired but does not in any way spoil the stay. The food in the dining room and bar is great, plenty of choice and very well cooked. We did use the pool and sauna and you should be aware that these facilities are a bit dated and could do with a bit of an upgrade. However, we had the pool to ourselves on the Saturday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed our swim. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The hotel is a great place to stay if you want to explore Kenmore, Pitlochry and Aberfeldy. We will definately be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch