Lovely old shooting lodge in beautiful surroundings. A wee bit tired but the managers were telling us about the refurbishment plans under the new owner, should be great with an orangery log burners and upgraded rooms. We stayed in a oak panelled suite which was comfortable and clean, and our friends in a four poster. The hotel has a 9 hole golf course lovely walks, and a really nice welcome back in from the cold. Scottish cask ale and reasonably priced cocktail bar. Dinner was excellent, relaxed service menu limited but interesting, scallops fois gras and venison loin were the standouts from meal, with a tasty albarino. Breakfasts cooked to order and again very tasty. No doubt the refurbishment will take significant capital and the prices will need to rise, but as it is, theres a charm about these classic Scottish shooting lodges and I just hope that the refurb is sympathetic to its history and charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland