I booked 2 nights at Dalmunzie Castle to celebrate my husband's birthday on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis. I was hoping for something a little bit special and I definitely found it here. Our room was lovely - I had upgraded to a Four Poster room and we had fantastic views over the front garden and beyond. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The staff, particularly the waiter who served dinner both nights, were really friendly and made us feel very welcome. We took a walk both evenings in the area behind the castle and the scenery was just stunning. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here and I really hope to be able to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland