“A fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Wrington B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed here for my wedding in April, with my friends and family and it was absolutely fantastic. Carol was so friendly and made us all feel so at home and welcome. The rooms are great and the breakfast was delicious. I thoroughly recommend this B&B if you are getting married in the area or if you're just visiting!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bradley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I visited Lower Stock Farm on the 20th April 2013. I needed to attend an interview at the Bristol University Langford site, so I was looking for a basic B&B to stay at where I could have a good sleep and a hot shower/clean room to prepare well for the interview. I also needed a safe location to park my car during the night.

This bed and breakfast met and exceeded ALL of my needs and expectations:

a) I had a PERFECT night sleep (which is rare for me) - no noise and a very comfy bed.

b) The shower was hot and the entire room was clean, so I left the hotel looking smart for my interview.

c) Breakfast was incredible. After I was offered a range of self-service foods (cereals, fruits, yoghurts), Carol cooked me a faultless full English breakfast that was still warm when she brought it out for me: bacon, sausage, fried egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and slices of toast. She also brought me a cafetiere which had plenty of coffee which was also faultless.

d) I was welcomed by Nick when I arrived in the evening, and he was just as friendly and inviting as Carol, which made me feel very welcomed and at ease during my stay. (Also, the quietness of their location added to the peaceful ambiance).

e) There was adequate parking and I felt very comfortable to have my car parked there during the night due to the location of the farm.

f) And last but not least, the price. Taking everything that I had experienced into account, a payment of £60 was extremely reasonable. I say this especially as I was finding other accommodation near Langford at approximately £80 prior to viewing Lower Stock Farm's website, who may not have provided a serivce that was equal to or better than the service that Lower Stock Farm provided me. I left Lower Stock Farm feeling that the £60 was definitely value for money.

I recommend Lower Stock Farm to anyone who wants a good night sleep and to leave their accommodation feeling fresh and awake at a very reasonable price. Would I go to Lower Stock Farm again if I needed to stay in Langord? Yes, I most certainly would.

*Thank you Nick and Carol for making my stay faultless, it was exactly what I was looking.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
Norfolk, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just time to comment on this excellent bed and breakfast. Very warm and sincere welcome, best shower I've ever used, truly delicious breakfast and problem free WiFi - yes its a work trip unfortunately. Well done.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chris w
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Lower Stock Farm is in rural England at its best. On the edge of the Mendip Hills, it couldn't be better positioned for a weekend in the countryside. However, it is also minutes from Bristol Airport (tho' thankfully not on the flight-path). The Farm itself is a beautiful old building and kept spotlessly clean by Carol and Nick. Our room was excellent with all we needed (except for a hairdryer, which I suspect we could have borrowed if we hadn't had our own). There was a shower rather than bath en suite, which some might find off-putting; but it was a great shower! The breakfast was first class, everything you'd want and no stinting on portions! The breakfast room itself is lovely: light and airy and with a log fire. Carol and Nick are very friendly owners and clearly love to be helpful without being over-gushing. My one problem in writing this review is that the next time we want to stay we could find it's fully booked!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

We have stayed at Lower Stock Farm a few time before and we are all ways enamoured with this place. The welcome is very warm and friendly. This time, sadly it was only a one night stay, mores the pity, we love it there. We will be back in the spring for a few days.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here in September before flying out from Bristol. Nothing was too much trouble for Carol even down to reserving us a table at the local Pub for dinner. After checking in we had tea/coffee and home made cake. Breakfast was excellent. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, bedrooms and en suite well equipped. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Aldeburgh, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Warm welcome, spotless throughout, comfortable bed, excellent shower, good breakfast - what more can I say? They now take credit cards though the brochure states otherwise. Minor quibble - a chair would have been welcome in the bedroom.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrington
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
#1 of 2 in Lower Langford
Hailstones Farm
Hailstones Farm
#1 of 5 in Redhill

Been to Lower Stock Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!