“Woderful time”

Lower Stock Farm Bed & Breakfast
Lower Stock Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just had three wonderful days at Lower Stock Farm. Facilities were first class, food
was excellent and Carol was a very nice and obliging hostess. I would definitely go again
and thoroughly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was recommended to Lower Stock Farm by a friend who having a 50th Birthday Party in Wrington, the village close to this lovely B&B.

On arrival we were greeted by the owner's son as they were away on holiday (when we booked Carol did make this very clear).

The farm is beautiful and the scenery is lovely. Our room was large and had great views over the countryside. The bed was perfect and my wife and I both slept like logs.

We were well looked after both in the evening and the morning and would recommend anyone looking for a B&B to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed here for my wedding in April, with my friends and family and it was absolutely fantastic. Carol was so friendly and made us all feel so at home and welcome. The rooms are great and the breakfast was delicious. I thoroughly recommend this B&B if you are getting married in the area or if you're just visiting!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I visited Lower Stock Farm on the 20th April 2013. I needed to attend an interview at the Bristol University Langford site, so I was looking for a basic B&B to stay at where I could have a good sleep and a hot shower/clean room to prepare well for the interview. I also needed a safe location to park my car during the night.

This bed and breakfast met and exceeded ALL of my needs and expectations:

a) I had a PERFECT night sleep (which is rare for me) - no noise and a very comfy bed.

b) The shower was hot and the entire room was clean, so I left the hotel looking smart for my interview.

c) Breakfast was incredible. After I was offered a range of self-service foods (cereals, fruits, yoghurts), Carol cooked me a faultless full English breakfast that was still warm when she brought it out for me: bacon, sausage, fried egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and slices of toast. She also brought me a cafetiere which had plenty of coffee which was also faultless.

d) I was welcomed by Nick when I arrived in the evening, and he was just as friendly and inviting as Carol, which made me feel very welcomed and at ease during my stay. (Also, the quietness of their location added to the peaceful ambiance).

e) There was adequate parking and I felt very comfortable to have my car parked there during the night due to the location of the farm.

f) And last but not least, the price. Taking everything that I had experienced into account, a payment of £60 was extremely reasonable. I say this especially as I was finding other accommodation near Langford at approximately £80 prior to viewing Lower Stock Farm's website, who may not have provided a serivce that was equal to or better than the service that Lower Stock Farm provided me. I left Lower Stock Farm feeling that the £60 was definitely value for money.

I recommend Lower Stock Farm to anyone who wants a good night sleep and to leave their accommodation feeling fresh and awake at a very reasonable price. Would I go to Lower Stock Farm again if I needed to stay in Langord? Yes, I most certainly would.

*Thank you Nick and Carol for making my stay faultless, it was exactly what I was looking.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just time to comment on this excellent bed and breakfast. Very warm and sincere welcome, best shower I've ever used, truly delicious breakfast and problem free WiFi - yes its a work trip unfortunately. Well done.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chris w
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Lower Stock Farm is in rural England at its best. On the edge of the Mendip Hills, it couldn't be better positioned for a weekend in the countryside. However, it is also minutes from Bristol Airport (tho' thankfully not on the flight-path). The Farm itself is a beautiful old building and kept spotlessly clean by Carol and Nick. Our room was excellent with all we needed (except for a hairdryer, which I suspect we could have borrowed if we hadn't had our own). There was a shower rather than bath en suite, which some might find off-putting; but it was a great shower! The breakfast was first class, everything you'd want and no stinting on portions! The breakfast room itself is lovely: light and airy and with a log fire. Carol and Nick are very friendly owners and clearly love to be helpful without being over-gushing. My one problem in writing this review is that the next time we want to stay we could find it's fully booked!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We have stayed at Lower Stock Farm a few time before and we are all ways enamoured with this place. The welcome is very warm and friendly. This time, sadly it was only a one night stay, mores the pity, we love it there. We will be back in the spring for a few days.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrington
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Meadow Cottage
Meadow Cottage
#3 of 5 in Redhill
Hillcroft Accommodation Bristol Airport

Been to Lower Stock Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!