Dillington House
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main houselovely groundsmodern buildingwedding celebrationclay pigeon shootingbeautiful venuebeautiful country housewet roombride and groomco ordinatorlocal authorityeverything ran smoothlychristmas treegreat weatherenjoyable weekendentrance hallgood sized portions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Like ngeddie 1602, we stayed in the Hyde (same room by the look of it), for one night only, and I can only repeat "The room had great views over fields and was finished to a very high standard with a very good detail on design and look." I can add that the wet-room was also very spacious and well designed, clean, warm, and a nice place to be. I imagine it would be good for disabled visitors - lots of room for a wheelchair (although I am not disabled myself so not really qualified to judge). We didn't have the breakfast because I am dieting, so it was good to have the option to have room only. Overall, very good value indeed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We would like to say a big thank you to dillington house for providing a wonderful wedding reception.Everything from friday afternoon to sunday morning was carried out with such professionalism.On the big day the transitions from drinks reception to hog roast to evening food went so smoothly we hardly noticed the staff.Kirsty and her team worked so well to look after us all.Our guests had an amazing time enjoying the 'run' of the house and the wonderful gardens.It was so relaxed just what we and the bride and groom wanted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phillip D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at Dillington for 6 nights in July whilst doing a residential course. I had room 9 in the House which is a small double. The room was comfortable and clean. The food is good and the staff are lovely.

There are various different rooms in the House, in the Hyde and The Mews. The staff are very helpful when booking accommodation.

The House is very close to the A303 which makes it easy to get from Dillington into the rest of Somerset and Devon.

I have already booked for next year.

Room Tip: Have a chat with staff about the rooms when booking. The Hyde is modern whereas the house is older and has stairs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

A one night business travel stop on the way down to Cornwall. The main house is absolutely stunning and check in was very smooth, initially I was disappointed to be told I was not in a room in the main house but as I walked around the old stable blocks and saw “The Hyde” a ultra-modern design building all changed as it is simply stunning also. The room had great views over fields and was finished to a very high standard with a very good detail on design and look. Although no restaurant on site they supplied a substantial list of restaurants and the Balti house we used was great. Breakfast was buffet style and very nice with views over the main lawn and fields in a grand room. Would without doubt use again a beautiful establishment

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gavin H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed there for a family wedding on one of the hottest days of the year, so it is always disappointing that they have built a very modern new bedroom block and don't include air conditioning, not even a fan.

Very clean and tidy, staff very helpful and breakfast very good, people will love the surrounds and the grounds, which are kept immaculate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family