“Family get-together”

Ranked #2 of 2 Temple Cloud B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Family get-together”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed as a family party of 30 having booked the whole venue for the night. My room was really comfortable and we had a great evening. Everywhere was really clean and cosy and its a lovely building. We would definitely consider using the venue again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Gloucester
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed in the old court house for a night. We arrived as pre instructions at our allotted time (which seems odd for a B&B) and was warmly welcomed by Nancy who showed us our room which was the barristers room at the top of a flight of stairs. It was a comfortable size with a large four poster bed, tea and coffee, gas fire, TV and on suite toilet. The main bathroom was down stairs.

The bed was comfortable as was our stay with a good breakfast in the morning.

The noise from the traffic on the main road could be heard all night in this room and would disturb a light sleeper.

We did not stay in one of the cells so cannot comment on those although we did look in one and they looked a bit small for anything longer than a single night’s stay.

Our biggest problem was cats, the stair to our room had a terrible smell of cats pee !! This was obviously a long term problem as there were many air fresheners on the steps and small window but they did not stop the problem.

As described it’s a quirky place and fun for a night’s stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank GloucesterTraveler
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed as part of a group and it was a nice experience. Our room was possibly the littlest but the breakfast was pretty okay. It's certainly a quirky spot in Somerset and Nantcy the manager was very freindly. I think we will come again with my friends. Thank you.

Room Tip: don't have the jail ones. pay more for the bigger ones
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sipaint
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I hired out the Old Court for three nights for a family Xmas break and the whole experience was amazing. Nancy provided a lot of information beforehand which made the stay easier. The building and rooms are very unique and will consider coming back next year. The whole family had a fantastic time. Thank you Nancy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

my husband and I spent two nights in a cell at this amazing hotel.Very different for sure,
very comfortable beds,lovely breakfast,our host Nancy and her team were extremely accommodating.I definately recommend the whole experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently hired The Old Court for a group of 25 for my sister's hen weekend. As we were such a large group, Nancy very kindly made another private area of the house available to us and provided me (the organiser) with lots of information and advice before we came to stay.

Our whole weekend was perfect, we had an in house spa experience with 4 therapists using the room off of the main hall as a treatment room whilst the other guests waited around a big open fire. We also had a cocktail making class in one of the evenings and the main hall was big enough for all 25 of us to sit down and eat. The house is full of character and big enough so that everyone could have their own space but also come together in the main hall. My sister said the Jacuzzi was her highlight but I know that everyone thought that it was a fantastic venue. Nancy left us to get on with things so we had full reign of the kitchen and and it really felt like a home away from home. Thank you Nancy for a great stay and experience!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We hired out The Old Court for my hen weekend and what a fabulous and unique time we had! The house is absolutely beautiful with loads of quirky details which we all loved. As the bride-to-be, I shared the Judge's Master Suite along with my bridesmaid and another girlfriend - we slept like logs and didn't want to leave! Another highlight was the jacuzzi - so much fun! I'd love to come back to experience Nancy's famous and fabulous sounding breakfasts - which could probably be the only downside of having this amazing place all to ourselves!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Temple Cloud
Bath Lodge Castle
Bath Lodge Castle
#3 of 5 in Norton St Philip

Been to The Old Court? Share your experiences!