“Relaxing and welcoming”

Ranked #2 of 2 Temple Cloud B&B and Inns
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and welcoming”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just spent four nights here and could not have picked a better place to stay. Nancy was welcoming and friendly, the breakfast was good (you must try the blueberry pancakes) and the bed was divine. I usually can't sleep well in a strange bed but no such problem here. Nancy let us have a look around and it is an amazing place, quirky and maze like.
It is decorated to the period of the house and there are so many ornaments I loved that if I had any kleptomania tendencies Nancy would've had to lock me in the cells for real!!

Room Tip: All the rooms had their own character. Ring Nancy and she will help you with your choice.
2 Thank Jen961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A lovely hotel, Nancy and her staff were very friendly. The hotel is quirky with interesting rooms and a tasty breakfast. The dininb room on the top floor was fantastic. We ate at the old station pub on Nancy's reccomendation and it was excellent. We had salmon, crab and shrimp parcel and nachos fo start. Then steak, chips and crispy tangles onions and roast duck with mustard mash and braised red cabbage. All dishes were excellent and the staff were very welcoming. Thank you x

4 Thank Sally J
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked one night on the way to Glastonbury, the plan was to have a comfy night before the hardships of 5 days muddy camping. Ha! Don't be fooled by the opulent surroundings, the bedrooms really are the cells and the loo and shower is 'open plan'. There was an 'eau de wee' all night the drains I guess or ghosts of prisoners past but not pleasant. And a few large insects joined us in the morning waiting in the shower tray!
Despite this initial punishment the proprietor was very friendly and the breakfast freshly made to order ( you can probably have porridge if you ask nicely). Get a look around if you can..it is a fabulous old house.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ruth G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for a stag weekend in July 214. There was 16 of us and we had an amazing time. Some accommodations are put off when you mention you are a big group of lads on a stag weekend. However Nancy was unbelievably helpful and went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. I would definitely recommend the Old Court for similar types of weekends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tim H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the old court for two nights at the weekend as we were travelling around the South West of England and wanted somewhere to stay near Bath and to visit Longleat from. I'd read nothing but great reviews on the accommodation and the host, Nancy and after looking at their website and seeing that it was actually an old court house, with some rooms actually being converted jail cells I was really excited to see it. Nancy was very welcoming on arrival, offering us drinks before showing us to our room, and introducing us to their two beautiful dogs before allowing us to take a look around the building and the old court room and jail cells.

The room itself was one of the cheaper rooms they have - the Majistrates Room. It was lovely and bright and airy, high ceilings, cupboards for hanging clothes and tea and coffee facilities (including camomile tea, fruit tea and ground coffee granules - not instant!!). The bed I never wanted to get out of - I even thought my partner had snuck out in the morning when I turned round and couldn't see him, turned out he had just been engulfed by the bed! Bathroom was a good size, bath tub was huge and jetted! Shower actually had decent water pressure, which is hard to come by!

Breakfast was divine. We went for pancakes and Nancy kindly set us up outside as it was such a beautiful morning. We has placed our breakfast order and chosen a time for breakfast the night before, and after we had eaten we returned to our room to find the bed made and everything clean and new again - how efficient!

Really recommend this place, but it is better to book through them directly! We booked through Lastminute.com and because of this Nancy was not able to get hold of us to send us details of where the hotel is and take breakfast orders etc.

Room Tip: The jail cells are just that! Really novel idea, but read when you book - each room is different whi...
Eastbourne
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I called nancy early in the day to let her know that we might be arriving a bit later than the check in time this was not a problem she also took our breakfast order and asked if she could book us into a nearby restaurant (the old station inn) which was really handy as we wanted to go out somewhere for dinner and she could not have sent us to a better place the food was amazing and at a very reasonable price.

On arriving at the old court we was greeted with a very welcoming nancy she showed us to our room (clerks quarters) which was very nice bright and clean with a freeview tv, tea and coffee, a powerful shower, the most comfortable bed and a strong wifi connection.

She then made us a drink and we sat outside on the patio where 2 of the biggest fluffiest friendly dogs I have ever seen and a lovely natured Persian cat live.

We then had a look around the house as was encouraged by Nancy the house is beautiful with 3 jail cells and the old court room upstairs there is even a jacuzzi and sauna which we dint see untill the next morning we will be sure to use these facilities next time we stay at the old court.

After a great nights sleep we went downstairs for breakfast which was very nice there was cereal and fruit tea, coffee and juice and a nice full English breakfast you can even go for the American breakfast of pancakes which I will try next time.

The old court is in a very good location we wanted to see the old Roman baths and was a short drive away it's also within a short drive from bristol and cheddar gorge and longleat about 40 mins away.

I would definitely recommend staying at the old court and going for dinner at the old station inn you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to Nancy for making our stay at the old court one to remember nothing was too much trouble.

Connor

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having just finished my exams, my friend and I went to Bath for a trip and The Old Court was perfect. Nancy was ever so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The 'cell' are cute and quite an experience, the two big dogs were lovely and the small garden was the perfect place to sit and relax. The location is good, and access to the city is easy and the park n' ride is reasonable and a nice ride into town.

Room Tip: The cell's are really cool and interesting, I found the experience quite novel and fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
No.15 Great Pulteney
Bath Lodge Castle
Bath Lodge Castle
#3 of 5 in Norton St Philip

Been to The Old Court? Share your experiences!