A gang of us have been coming to Thorpeness each Spring for over 50 years, and we usually choose The Dolphin for drinks and lunch. There were 13 of us this year, so we'd booked a table and, after a morning walk, were looking forward to our lunch.
Drinks were served by a highly efficient bartender and the Adnams was excellent. After being shown to our table, orders were taken and served by very pleasant staff who regularly visited the table to check all was OK.
We ate from the very varied choices on the set price menu and the quality of the food was first class. The local sausages in the sausage and mash dish were especially enjoyed by those that chose them.
Thanks to all at the Dolphin for making our annual pilgrimage so enjoyable. See you next Spring!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the unique seaside village of Thorpeness, the Dolphin Inn, a free house, has placed itself in the heart of the community. A short stroll takes you to miles of unspoilt Suffolk heritage coastline and we are a short distance from Minsmeare, a birding paradise hosting some of our rarest wildlife. The Dolphin has three well appointed four star bedrooms, a fantastic restaurant with an enthusiastic chef, a bar that dispensers a large variety of whiskeys, ales, has a superb wine list and boasts a large beer garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolphin Hotel Thorpeness
- The Dolphin Inn Thorpeness, Suffolk