We stayed at the Dolphin for two nights whilst attending a local wedding. The landlord was welcoming and all the staff friendly and very helpful. There is a separate entrance for guests which was good for getting back after hours.
The room was very comfortable, big comfy bed, very clean, fluffy towels with everything we needed, we particularly enjoyed having the DAB radio. Lovely big bath with plenty of toiletries provided. Tea and coffee with fresh milk on request (no biscuits but we bought some lovely home made ones from the shop next door!).
Lovely breakfast, very relaxed, good beer and cider on tap. we were there the weekend of the village Fete which was held in the pub garden, this obviously took a lot of planning with stalls, BBQ and live music, we still felt that we were given their full attention.
We ate at the Dolphin our first night and although every table was booked they still managed to squeeze us in before the rush. The next day all tables were booked too so it is obviously very popular.
With regard to the area it is just gorgeous, the beach at Thorpeness was stunning and we walked twice down to Aldeborough which was about a 45 min walk along the beach path another lovely place to see. We had two goes out boating on the Lake which was hilarious mainly because I didn't know we had a rudder! The village is very small so the Beach and lake are only a couple of minutes walk. There is a lovely village shop next door linked to the pub and it sells lovely pastries, biscuits etc. You have to order your paper the night before if you want to purchase one.
We spent our last night in Southwold but much preferred it here at the Dolphin in Thorpeness.
We would definitely stay again and would have loved to stay longer.
Thank you to everyone at the Dolphin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the unique seaside village of Thorpeness, the Dolphin Inn, a free house, has placed itself in the heart of the community. A short stroll takes you to miles of unspoilt Suffolk heritage coastline and we are a short distance from Minsmeare, a birding paradise hosting some of our rarest wildlife. The Dolphin has three well appointed four star bedrooms, a fantastic restaurant with an enthusiastic chef, a bar that dispensers a large variety of whiskeys, ales, has a superb wine list and boasts a large beer garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolphin Hotel Thorpeness
- The Dolphin Inn Thorpeness, Suffolk