My husband and I ate in the Dolphin last night(Saturday 1st March) and had an excellent meal. The place was very busy, especially in the bar, but we were out of the way and the service we had was very good. There was a fixed price menu in addition to the main menu and the specials board, at £12.95 for two courses. We chose salmon and crayfish terrine followed by venison(3) sausages with fried onions and mash, and all was really tasty and well presented. Wish we lived nearer so we could go more often!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the unique seaside village of Thorpeness, the Dolphin Inn, a free house, has placed itself in the heart of the community. A short stroll takes you to miles of unspoilt Suffolk heritage coastline and we are a short distance from Minsmeare, a birding paradise hosting some of our rarest wildlife. The Dolphin has three well appointed four star bedrooms, a fantastic restaurant with an enthusiastic chef, a bar that dispensers a large variety of whiskeys, ales, has a superb wine list and boasts a large beer garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolphin Hotel Thorpeness
- The Dolphin Inn Thorpeness, Suffolk