I was part of a party of six who stayed at The Dolphin for three nights. We played golf at Thorpeness, Aldburgh, Ipswich and Stowmarket (the latter en route). There are three twin rooms, so ideal for room sharing. They were very well presented and smart. The bathroom was fine, no shower cubicle. We dined on two nights. Dinner and breakfast was very good. The venue was very busy and the staff were friendly and efficient throughout. There's a good range of wines, Adnams beers (as might be expected so close to Southwold), with alternates, including Wherry's. Convenient for the Suffolk destinations, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the unique seaside village of Thorpeness, the Dolphin Inn, a free house, has placed itself in the heart of the community. A short stroll takes you to miles of unspoilt Suffolk heritage coastline and we are a short distance from Minsmeare, a birding paradise hosting some of our rarest wildlife. The Dolphin has three well appointed four star bedrooms, a fantastic restaurant with an enthusiastic chef, a bar that dispensers a large variety of whiskeys, ales, has a superb wine list and boasts a large beer garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolphin Hotel Thorpeness
- The Dolphin Inn Thorpeness, Suffolk