We popped in here to book a table for an evening meal during the day. When we arrived that evening, we had to wait 10 mins until they sorted out some confusion over our table. We then waited another 10 mins for a drink and then 40 minutes for our food. When it eventually arrived it was fine, although £11.50 for a bowl of cous cous and aubergine wasn't great value. The staff were friendly, but lacking direction. This is a lovely country pub spoiled by poor service. Shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the unique seaside village of Thorpeness, the Dolphin Inn, a free house, has placed itself in the heart of the community. A short stroll takes you to miles of unspoilt Suffolk heritage coastline and we are a short distance from Minsmeare, a birding paradise hosting some of our rarest wildlife. The Dolphin has three well appointed four star bedrooms, a fantastic restaurant with an enthusiastic chef, a bar that dispensers a large variety of whiskeys, ales, has a superb wine list and boasts a large beer garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your The Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolphin Hotel Thorpeness
- The Dolphin Inn Thorpeness, Suffolk