“Simple And Nice But Don't Expect Perfect!”
Review of Thatcher's Hotel

Thatcher's Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in East Horsley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London
“Simple And Nice But Don't Expect Perfect!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed in room 503 from Monday evening through to Thursday morning and it was very pleasant. I stayed here with a friend whilst training at Sony HQ. On first appearance the room was very clean and nicely decorated. There was coffee/tea facilities, hair dryer, ironing board, towels, shower gel and shampoo. The room was never cold which is always a plus. The power shower is a nice little add on in the bathroom. The TV in the room did not have many channels as I was told by other friends that they had many more channels than me. They also offered free WiFi but to be honest it was very poor. Hardly got any phone reception on BOTH of my phones.

Around the hotel there is not many restaurants or places to go to as this hotel is located in a small and quiet area. There is a pub down the road which surprised us all by offering really good food for a great price. There is a Shell Petrol Station right next to the hotel if you want to get some quick snacks and drinks. There is also an Indian and Chinese restaurant/take away further down the road but I did not go to any of them as a fellow friend said that the food there was not that great.

Drinks and snacks at this hotel was fairly priced. Just like any other normal hotel. Only disappointment is that one night I had to wait over 10 mins to be served after only leaving the bar for 1 minute as I forgot my receipt. The bar was empty and I was the only customer. Next time have a bell if this happens on a regular occasion?

Myself and my friends took a taxi out to Guildford (£20 each way for 4 people £5 each) one night and to Woking (£20 each way for 4 people £5 each) the other to eat, relax and explore.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but only pay for it if it comes at a VERY cheap rate along with having your own car

• Visited November 2013

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Over the past few weeks I have stayed at this hotel for 3 and 4 nights at a time for 3 weeks. The rooms are a little dated, but clean. I stayed in rooms 216 and 211 during my stay. The rooms were a bit cold, and the cleaner repeatedly kept re-opening the windows every day during the first week which let out all the warmth!

The staff at the hotel are mostly all very friendly. There was one lady who was rude to me on one occasion whilst checking in, but this seemed to be a one off. Overall the staff were very helpful and were able to help with anything I needed.

Breakfast was good, with a good variety of food and plenty of tables. There is free wifi in the bar area which was handy. I could pick this up from room 216 but not from room 209 as this was the other side of the bar.

Overall I would say this is a good hotel, and I would stay here again.

• Visited October 2013
Stafford, United Kingdom
“I stayed here when it was ramada, thank god the staff havnt changed.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I'm in the restaurant right now, it's very nice, the staff are the best I've met anywhere, including the "Americans" (they're Canadian for the other reviewer-maybe you should have tried talking to them?) I've stayed in the newer section and the older, definite lack of phone signal in the older section but that can't be helped. Wifi is free in the restaurant. Doesn't happen very often, don't moan.

I stay in a different hotel every week and I would be delighted to come back here. I won't waffle on but needless to say I like this place and it's "inhabitants" (staff not animals unfortunately). car park is plentiful and free.

The only negative is the portion size and price... I'm not paying but my budget of £25 per night has me scratching my head as to how I'm going to satisfy my expectations out of a restaurant meal.

The setting is beautiful, couldn't be better, there's a petrol station and pub LITERALLY next door. No traffic noises at all as it's pretty much a lane. Just brilliant. Was brilliant the first time and brilliant this time, hopefully there will be a next time to be brilliant!

Visited October 2013
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel is nice and out of the way, which one way that's good but on the other hand is bad. There's no Internet access in the rooms only in the restaurant so if you want to tether your phone you may have a problem, the phone signal is bad in the hotel.

Stayed in room 611, quiet, clean, nice comfy bed and good powerful shower.

Staff are very helpful and food is ok if not a little expensive. There's always the pub around the corner which does cheaper food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cassius2k
Whitby, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lovely food with friendly staff and quick service. However, there is no children's menu and we were not offered any solution so ended up sharing.

Visited August 2013