Stayed here a few times while my Daughter was at University in Guildford. Lovely buildings and grounds with character. The first time we had a small double which was good value and we made use of the indoor swimming pool etc. The only complaint was that it was a wet and wintry night and impossible to read the directions and signs around the grounds as they were written in pale green and beige. The second time we stayed in the old house which was nice and the room was much larger. We had to walk across to the modern building for breakfast but umberellas were provided in a stand by the front door. No staff seemed to be around in the old building. The third time we visited we were given a room on the first floor in the main new building, which was bigger than the room we had before on the ground floor and I think it was a superior room. Unfortunately it was a cold November night and the room was freezing cold, we hardly slept all night. When I mentioned this at Reception the following morning I was advised to turn up the radiator but couldn`t find one in our room, so asked a housekeeper we happened to see and she gave us an extra duvet and the second night we slept much better. Apparently there are going to be some mobile heaters in these upstairs rooms. Lovely to have drinks machine and fresh fruit available free of charge 24hrs a day, our only complaint is the hot sausages and bacon at breakfast is put on blocks of wood under hot lamps but unfortunately still goes cold and greasy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At De Vere Horsley Estate, you're spoilt for choice. Luxuriate in the grandeur of this 1828 Victorian mansion, set in 70 acres of stunning parkland. Find everything you need for business, training and conferences at Horsley Management Centre. Marvel at the magnificent views over the surrounding countryside. It's a perfect base to enjoy a walk in the pure country air or venture further afield to one of the many historic or sporting attractions in the vicinity. Be sure to get your stay off to a good start: make the most of our tranquil indoor pool and mini-gym or, if you're feeling more adventurous, play 5-a-side football, croquet or volley ball. Finish your evenings with a relaxing drink in the bar and delicious meal in our award-winning, Steam Bake & Grill restaurant. Located in Surrey, it is easily accessible from the M25 and equidistant from Heathrow and Gatwick airports ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Horsley Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horsley Park Hotel East Horsley
- Horsley Park Surrey
- Horsley Park Hotel Surrey
- De Vere Horsley Estate East Horsley, Surrey, UK