“Premier Inn does it better”

De Vere Horsley Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Horsley
Chester
“Premier Inn does it better”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights as part of a training course. Bedroom was not clean, with previous occupants unwashed cups still present and a desk chair that wasn't safe to sit on. Complained to the front desk but nothing was done; wasn't a good sign where there person did not make any note of room number.

Would echo the other negative reviews on Trip Advisor and will be avoiding this and other De Vere venues in the future.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elljones
MG_Micallef, General Manager at De Vere Horsley Estate, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear elljones
Thank you for your recent review of Horsley Park. I am sorry that you found the venue disappointing and would not consider us for future visits.
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My Husband and I attended my works 30th Birthday party on Saturday 1st march. We had the option of staying the night for the amazing price of £35.00 for the room including breakfast. I must admit for that price we were expecting nothing fabulous. The entrance to the hotel was easy to find and a barrier is in place with an intercom which was opened once we confirmed we were staying. we were directed to the main reception in the modern part of the hotel where we were greeted by a lovely receptionist. She presented us with our key and told us to drive to the older part of the hotel which was really stunning. We were in room 123 up the stairs to the top and we were in the eaves, Must have been the servants quarters once, it was fine for the price we paid! The room was in need of a face lift but it was clean with a very small window which you could look out of if you got down on all fours. The bathroom window had no curtains or blind. You could stand in the shower and admire the view, I can only guess that no one could see in!!

The hotel reception and bar area all have wood panelling which I assume was original and the staircase would be fabulous for wedding photos. we had our meal of about 100 guests in the gran hall which again was a lovely room though we were at the far end in a corner and access to the loos was tricky as we had to move everyone out of the way to get out. The meal I have to say though was very good, we have over the years had various Christmas do's and the food is usually dire. This was edible and went down well within the company.
Breakfast next morning was fine we were in a rush to go and was only let down by the chipped cup and no pot of tea just a half filled cup.
All in all a lovely venue with a very pretty garden and fountain. we would recommend this for a stay. National Trust property Clandon is nearby.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. ours was fine for the night after a works party, cheaper than a taxi home.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fran C
Many thanks for your recent review of Horsley Park and overall great comments - delighted you enjoyed the party, the Towers is indeed a great venue for dinners and parties alike.
Best Regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I paid about £55 B&B to stay here which was outstanding value for money. I didn't take full advantage of the facilities as I arrived late and left early. If I had to give an opinion on the room I would say it was the equivalent of a good Premier Inn but cheaper.
I'm not a foodie person but do appreciate decent food when I have it and I was impressed by the scrambled eggs of all things at breakfast.
One minor criticism: When you arrive at night and it's pitch dark and you don't know your surroundings, making your way to the reception can be a bit confusing. So listen to what the person tells you on the intercom at the entrance barrier. Also the postcode I entered on my satnav took me up what is now a cul de sac of posh houses. The hotel receptionist told me that this used to be the hotel entrance. It's better to follow the signs rather than the satnav when you get into the village.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BoggyDew
Dear templeorum
Many thanks for your recent review of Horsley Park and overall comments. I would agree with the directional signage and would ask all guests to follow the directions as per our website directions.
Kind Regards,
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Went for a family wedding reception. Wonderful setting, master of ceremonies did a fantastic job, food was great even the Fussiest eaters were sorted out with minimum of faff and fuss. Room where disco was set up was a little warm to be comfortable but there were plenty of places to cool off.

A few little niggles - as a wedding party of over 150 with vast majority booked into hotel I would have thought there would be more than 1 on reception to check people in.
The room we stayed in on 3rd floor was clean except the bathroom which still had other people's hair in. Was in a bit of disrepair with black patches at the bottom of the bath and paint cracking all over.
A little more information in the room would have been nice.
Signage down to the management centre where breakfast was provided for us should have been better. Breakfast was plentiful with loads of different options. Just wish the cooked items had been hotter. We sat on a freshly laid table only to find 3 out of 5 cups hadn't been cleaned properly and still had coffee/tea stains on.

Just a little bit more attention to detail would make a good stay great

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen F
Dear Jen F
Thank you for your review of Horsley Park. Delighted with your overall comments and will certainly pick up the detail with my team, I absolutely agree that it is hugely important to do so.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very clean, very corporate, if you have stayed at a De Vere before then you know what to expect here.

Everything is clean, comfortable and designed in my opinion for the business end of the market. Day time seems full of corporate conference types and the evening seems to be those plus business travellers.

You cannot really fault the place, staff were professional, food was good. Would stop again for an overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simplemick
Dear simplemick
Many thanks for a great review.
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at the castle, which was very magical. The room was nice (even though the windows had just one glass layer - not good during winter stay I guess).

The location is interesting - around resindential area of wealthy English man. Nice woods where I ran (and get lost).

The food was very good, service was helpfull.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hraju
Dear hraju
The Towers is indeed a 'magical place' - thank you for your recent review and delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind Regards,
scotland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For £40 a night no one should complain. Front reception staff were very helpful when I arrived. Especially Holly. Really nice bar meal. Breakfasts were quite good but expensive at £10. Asked for a bottle of water to be brought to my room around 3,pm as I had a bad migraine. I kept trying to call but wasn't getting any answers so rang outside number from my mobile. Finally got it at 7.30! This and no bath are the only negatives. For the money very good and also curtesy bus to station. Very much a business hotel but would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank confused555
Dear confused555
Thank you for your recent review of Horsley Park & overall comments - apologies for the delay in getting that request to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Horsley
#11 of 11 in Guildford
The Running Horses
The Running Horses
#1 of 1 in Mickleham

Been to De Vere Horsley Estate? Share your experiences!