We were transferred to this hotel as the one we were booked in was full. We passed it three times even with the satnav, as it is poorly signposted, but we arrived to find a great hotel in a beautiful setting. The receptionist was great even though she didn't find our changed reservation. She then ask for payment and we had to explain this it was already settled with the hotel who referred us (in the same hotel group). We had e mails to show that payment had been taken care of, but she obviously had no knowledge of the mails. As an apology she gave us the bridal suite! The room was large and in the old castle, two floors up with no lift. The windows had been left open so we had lots of wasps in the room. We finally got rid of the wasps and closed the windows and suffered in the heat as there is no air conditioning.
We wanted to celebrate with a drink, but the only thing in the room was two plastic tumblers in the bathroom. Never mind, so we went to dinner and were again asked to pay as they had no reservation for us, despite booking a table at reception when we arrived. A great meal and great service, except for having to have our coffee in paper cups.
In the morning we used the shower that had grouting missing, gaps in the sealant and the shower tray filled with water as drain hole was blocked. We went to breakfast and were asked to pay £20 as there was no reservation for us in the system. We had to explain, again, about the transfer. A great breakfast, but the same problem at check out as they again asked for payment for the room and meals. It was a good job that I had paperwork to show that the account had already been fixed with the original hotel.
In all, the staff were excellent and the food and service was great. It is a pity that the small items like shower, aircon, no lift, cheap paper or plastic cups, and the total lack of communication between hotels, reception, restaurant, etc stopped it short of being an excellent stay.
I would go again, hoping that the small issues had been fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At De Vere Horsley Estate, you're spoilt for choice. Luxuriate in the grandeur of this 1828 Victorian mansion, set in 70 acres of stunning parkland. Find everything you need for business, training and conferences at Horsley Management Centre. Marvel at the magnificent views over the surrounding countryside. It's a perfect base to enjoy a walk in the pure country air or venture further afield to one of the many historic or sporting attractions in the vicinity. Be sure to get your stay off to a good start: make the most of our tranquil indoor pool and mini-gym or, if you're feeling more adventurous, play 5-a-side football, croquet or volley ball. Finish your evenings with a relaxing drink in the bar and delicious meal in our award-winning, Steam Bake & Grill restaurant. Located in Surrey, it is easily accessible from the M25 and equidistant from Heathrow and Gatwick airports ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Horsley Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horsley Park Hotel East Horsley
- Horsley Park Surrey
- Horsley Park Hotel Surrey
- De Vere Horsley Estate East Horsley, Surrey, UK