De Vere Horsley Estate
Thatchers Hotel(Leatherhead)
US$92
US$80
Days Inn Cobham M25(Cobham)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelocity
US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Premier Inn Cobham Hotel(Cobham)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$120
Brooklands Hotel(Weybridge)
US$176
US$158
US$121
TripAdvisor
1,108 results
All reviewshorsley parkconference hotelfree tea and coffeeswimming poolbuffet styletraining coursebeautiful groundsthe main hoteltwo night staywedding venuefull englishyogurtchapelguildford
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lovely peaceful setting and good standards all round. Staff were helpful, polite and smiling which always makes a difference !
Stayed with my wife for a night away. We ate in the bar, good food and found the breakfast to be plentiful and well produced.
Room was very comfortable, clean and well equipped.
Thanks to the staff and management for a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MG_Micallef, General Manager at De Vere Horsley Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Paul
Thank you for a great review & 5 STARS - really pleased to read your comments.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the staff were pleasant and the facilities were great. My daughter loved the swimming pool and breakfast was excellent.

However our room was very basic. It was a double bed, very small TV and a cubicle shower. We didn't spend much time there so it met our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea S
MG_Micallef, General Manager at De Vere Horsley Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Andrea
Many thanks for your recent review of Horsley Park and overall comments.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were transferred to this hotel as the one we were booked in was full. We passed it three times even with the satnav, as it is poorly signposted, but we arrived to find a great hotel in a beautiful setting. The receptionist was great even though she didn't find our changed reservation. She then ask for payment and we had to explain this it was already settled with the hotel who referred us (in the same hotel group). We had e mails to show that payment had been taken care of, but she obviously had no knowledge of the mails. As an apology she gave us the bridal suite! The room was large and in the old castle, two floors up with no lift. The windows had been left open so we had lots of wasps in the room. We finally got rid of the wasps and closed the windows and suffered in the heat as there is no air conditioning.
We wanted to celebrate with a drink, but the only thing in the room was two plastic tumblers in the bathroom. Never mind, so we went to dinner and were again asked to pay as they had no reservation for us, despite booking a table at reception when we arrived. A great meal and great service, except for having to have our coffee in paper cups.
In the morning we used the shower that had grouting missing, gaps in the sealant and the shower tray filled with water as drain hole was blocked. We went to breakfast and were asked to pay £20 as there was no reservation for us in the system. We had to explain, again, about the transfer. A great breakfast, but the same problem at check out as they again asked for payment for the room and meals. It was a good job that I had paperwork to show that the account had already been fixed with the original hotel.
In all, the staff were excellent and the food and service was great. It is a pity that the small items like shower, aircon, no lift, cheap paper or plastic cups, and the total lack of communication between hotels, reception, restaurant, etc stopped it short of being an excellent stay.
I would go again, hoping that the small issues had been fixed.

Room Tip: If you like old four poster beds, slightly tired rooms and don't care about no lift or aircon, go for the castle towers. If you want all the modcons, stay in the main front hotel block. .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bougivalbob

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review and general comments. I am sorry you encountered those payment niggles and I hope they did not spoil your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I see on-line today they are advertising rooms from £29 for some nights at the weekend, and at these prices my comments might be different. A previous reviewer has commented that this is somewhere between a Travelodge and a Premier Inn, and I'd agree. My room was in the Management Centre, not the fancy towers building you can just about see in the distance at the far end of a very long driveway but that dominates all the on line pictures. Anyway, my ground floor room was very dark even though it was on the sunny side of the building and had no privacy on account of the walkway alongside the floor to ceiling window, which bus loads of German tourists used as a short cut to get to breakfast. The room itself was clean although the carpet looked like it needed a good vacuum. On the plus side, there is free wi-if, the bed was comfortable, although the sheets were barely big enough to fit the bed, and the bathroom was large with a large walk in shower albeit with minimal supplies of shower gel and a tiny soap, and an annoying non adjustable shower in the ceiling that means you either have the water rattling down on the top of head or not on at all.
The restaurant is a major disappointment. Again, don't believe the website. What we have here is a hotel which specialises in corporate team building events and bus loads of tourists. There is no menu in the restaurant, just a limited choice of three main meals, some starters including soup, and a reasonable choice of desserts. It's very much like being at a works canteen. Breakfast does have all the usual options you'd expect, but as I went into breakfast I was told it was included in my room rate even though it was.
As I went to check out, the receptionist asked me for my room number and then went away to answer the phone, leaving me stood there until someone else appeared.
Generally I stay in the White Horse in Dorking which is full of quirky charm, great dinner options and friendly helpful staff, provided you avoid the "Garden Block". sadly, this now seems to be permanently full due to the flooding renovations at their sister hotel, the Burford Bridge.
If you're not part of a tour group and not on a team building trip, but just looking for somewhere near to the Surrey Hills, I'd recommend one of these instead, unless you want to make use of the pool and extensive gardens.

Room Tip: Don't have a ground floor room - dark, dingy and no privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DSandJB

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of Horsley park. I am sorry that the venue did not match your expectation. We are indeed a conference centre at heart, dealing predominantly with groups but I do think we offer great value in a great location outside corporate periods for visits to this area.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Have just returned after our wedding planning meeting the staff were great the location is fab. Bedroom was clean and well maintained. The food was excellent especially the dinner. A big thank you Michael and team see you in October! We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S

Dear Gary
Great to see you and we are looking forward to hosting your big day in October - many thanks for the review.