“"Another lovely stay"”

Ranked #1 of 3 Bickenhill B&B and Inns
Dersingham, United Kingdom
“"Another lovely stay"”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit here after concerts at the lg arena. Lovely rooms, hosts fantastic, who take you to concert if you ask them. Taxi back is only _£5 so not far. Breakfast is very good, where you all sit at a communal table which is very sociable. All in all a very good 5/5. See you again soon!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shaun f
jellytots75, Manager at Church Farm Accommodation, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
This person did not stay at our Guest House so in my opinion they should not be able to wright this review!! However I would like to respond to what she has said as I think it very unfair.

The lady rang me in the supermarket when I had just picked my children up from school. I answered the call and asked what her phone call was regarding, I have to ask as we have so many cold calls at that time of the day. She said she wanted to make a booking, to which I replied that I was not in a position to take the booking at that moment, so could she ring back later or tomorrow. I was simply being honest about the situation that I was in at the time and asked her to ring back at a more convenient moment.

The lady mentioned that we should have a receptionist with manners!! We are a small family run bed and breakfast so there is no receptionist just me!! I therefore have to take the phone with me wherever I go, so sometimes people do ring at an inconvenient moment. But no one, until now, has ever had a problem with me asking them to ring back.

I am sure that if people read the other reviews they will see that we pride ourselves on good customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
lincoln
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a single room here and upon arrival found that I was in a twin room
Only problem was that it was so cramped that I found it difficult to maneuver around the beds
The parking area was equally cramped
Otherwise it was fine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

A group of 10 of us came up from West Wales to an Eagles concert at the NEC. We stayed one night at the B&B and found it to be very clean and comfortable. We had a very warm friendly welcome from Camilla and her family and they conveyed all of us to the concert!! Really enjoyed the fresh, home cooked full English breakfast with plenty of coffee and orange juice. We found it very reasonably priced,
A quality stay!! I would highly recommend church farm B&B.

• Stayed May 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed after a concert at the lg arena and the room and location were lovely. It is a 5 mins drive from the arena with the bonus of not staying in the hustle and bustle of the city centre. I stayed in room 4 in the staple block and throughly enjoyed walking out my room and being greeted by a horse! Breakfast was lovely however my only criticism would be that a menu or a run down of what was on offer.as I asked for scrambled egg only because someone else had it. The owners were lovely. Im going to try and make an excuse to visit Birmingham again just so I can visit again!!

• Stayed May 2014
York
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Ideally located for the NEC, airport and the National Motorcycle Museum (I was at a conference at the NMM).
Good sized, clean, comfortable room, excellent breakfast (everyone sits round the same large table, so no feeling like Johnny No Mates!). Prices are exceptionally good!
The NMM is walkable in around 15 minutes and a reasonable pub in around 25 minutes (unlit roads, so take a torch for the journey back).
It is close to the airport and flights start at around 06:00, so be aware that there will be some aircraft noise. However, if you're working and need to get up early, it's not really an issue. In any event, it's not that intrusive.
The owners were delightful and more than happy to help. I'll certainly go back if I need accommodation in that area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed with a colleague whilst exhibiting at the NEC. Rooms were lovely and had everything we needed. Hosts were really friendly and recommended a great pub for our evening meals. Breakfast was delicious - cannot fault anything! Didn't even notice the airport noise despite being so close. Much better than staying at a chain hotel like Travelodge, made it feel more like a holiday than a business trip! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Frankfurt
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Top location for the airport and very friendly on the phone. Room and bathroom spotless. I didn´t have the breakfast - was leaving too early - but the owners provided fruit for me as requested. Their taxi recommendation was prompt and polite (A2B Taxis I think). Nice accommodation in a converted stable. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#23 of 118 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,302 reviews
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Been to Church Farm Accommodation? Share your experiences!