Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
US$262
US$251
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Free Internet
US$196
US$180
US$84
  • Room Service
Travelodge Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$56
Priceline
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
Agoda.com
1,848 results
All reviewsgenting arenaleisure clubbirmingham airportbar mealsleisure facilitiestrain stationmin walksat navreception staffburgundy restaurantbit datedbooked this hotelvisiting the necsteam roomclose to the airportmain restaurantideal location
Reviewed 3 November 2013

over night stay following a Halloween party. Room big enough possibly showing a little bit of age but certainly clean enough with plenty of clothes storage. All the usual tv / internet facilities wi fi etc. Bathroom good with powerful shower. Our room (182) was over the function room which was quite loud but then it was our party anyway so no problem. Lots of rooms so a bit of a warren getting around but well signposted. Breakfast excellent with a wide variety of food for everyone; sausage, bacon etc was grilled so not swimming in fat. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Swimming pool was a bit on the small side, more of a leisure pool. Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, gym all in the leisure section. Overall very good experience

Room Tip: If you are on the first floor make sure there aren't any parties going on under your room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Brummywag,

Thank you for your lovely comments and review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Arden Hotel in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed at the Arden a number of times and never been badly disappointed. However I would write that the hotel is beginning to show signs of age. The rooms are getting grubbier and the staff less 'energetic and friendly'. I will give them another chance to have a face lift otherwise we will probably look for alternative accommodation when we stay at the NEC in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear HarryH777,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Arden Hotel, Solihull.

I am sorry to learn you are looking at alternative venues. I am keen for you to have a better experience with us at the Arden Hotel. We are refurbishing our bedrooms and giving our public areas a 'facelift' over the coming months.

I am confident that next time you stay - you will be more keen to return!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Birmingham is a nightmare of an airport for finding a good hotel, with parking, with easy access to the airport, at a decent price.
The Arden was an okay price - £76 for a double room for one night with 8 days parking. It was about £8 for a taxi to the airport (conning you out of airport taxes of some rubbish tooo, but that's not the hotel's fault)
Anyway, the hotel looks fantastic as you step into the foyer and check in was simple. However, as you walk further into the hotel and then into the rooms, it becomes more and more shabby, dated and frankly grubby looking.
Our room has a strange unidentifiable stain on the carpet by the door and the whole place just looked dated and unloved. The bed was acceptable and the shower worked, so we were alright with staying there for one night, however I'd spend a bit more money in the future, especially if staying longer, to get a far nicer hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hannah C,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we didn't live up to the experience you hoped for.

We are in the middle of a large refurbishment on our bedrooms, and any rooms with the issues you have given me will have been highlighted for refurbishment and ongoing room improvements.

I appreciate your lovely comments on our lobby and welcome areas, and I assure you we are focused on renovation in our bar and restaurant areas over the coming months so that you have an altogether different experience when staying with us.

I am sorry to learn that you wish to try alternative venues in the future, we will always aim to improve our guest experience, and hopefully in the future you will try us again and have an altogether better stay with us.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Have stayed here for the odd night whilst on business in the area. Given its so close to the airport (10 mins) have managed to get very decent rates its got free parking as well which is a bonus in this area. Its also close to the NEC.

Its functional rooms are clean with the basics if a little tired around the edges. Beds very comfy. Suprisingly quiet given proximity to the airport and major roads. Some of the rooms can be noisy early on if over the bar or gym area. There's a limited room service but the food was very good and delivered within 20 mins of ordering.

The leisure centre is small as is the pool 13m. Its a leisure club so is open to non residents which means the pool is often busy so not really for 'swimming'. Its clean though an added bonus if you want a leisurely loll or dip in the Jacuzzi. Its quite dark though.

If you approach from the A45 from Birmingham towards Coventry its quite a tricky manoeuvre to get across the traffic joining from the railway station / business areas I would recommend taking the next exit looping around the rbt follow signs for Int railway then pick up the A45 to Coventry longer but safer option.

I would say its a good option if needing value accommodation before using the airport or NEC.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gingercat_2010,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are making enhancements to our In Room Dining menu and options available to you over the coming weeks and therefore hopefully you will have a better all round experience of this for your next stay.

Unfortunately though... we are not looking to extend the pool! However we do operate our leisure club with only very few external members so that we offer a good experience for all when swimming and using the sauna, steam room and fitness equipment.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I followed the website sat nav instructions but the technology still dumped me in a field half way down the A45. When I eventually found the hotel, which is signed from the close vicinity, check in was smooth and the welcome pack of toiletries is a nice touch.
Dinner was good. Sardines on focaccia followed by pork something and a lemon tart. Unfortunately, I then had to retire to my room which an estate agent might describe as 'compact'. The shower cubicle was too small to turn around in. I wore looser fitting suits back in the day. I dropped the soap and there was not enough room to bend down to pick it up and I am elegantly slim. I spent the day half washed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Timtee56

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn of your travel and shower issues.

We have an ongoing issue with Satellite Navigation which we aren't hiding from, and have listed details on our website to assist drivers in finding us. We also have brown attraction signs on the A45 on the approach to the International Station exit to ensure we support drivers as much as possible in finding our location.

I was disappointed to hear that you have had difficulty washing in your shower. I will liase with my housekeeping manager who may be able to identify any rooms that may have a small shower area. The vast majority of our bedrooms have showers over the bath, a member of our team will be more than happy to move you in future if you ever experience the same again.

I hope to welcome you back to us in the future if you are staying in the area again for an altogether better experience.