Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
US$265
US$252
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Free Internet
US$196
US$182
US$97
  • Room Service
Travelodge Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$52
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$79
Priceline
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,841 results
All reviewsgenting arenaleisure clubbirmingham airportbar mealsleisure facilitiestrain stationmin walksat navreception staffburgundy restaurantbit datedbooked this hotelvisiting the necsteam roomclose to the airportmain restaurantideal location
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for business staff are very helpful and polite.

Rooms are very clean and tidy.
My only problem was the shower which was like standing under a trickle stream.
Also there was work getting done at the back in the leisure suite and they would start banging at 8-30 in the morning.
Other than the two things I have mentioned it is a lovely hotel to stay in and also the breakfast was okay could be a bigger selection but ok for my needs.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Jojoted,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with regards to your stay with us.

We are in the process of addressing the issues with the showers in a couple of bedrooms and we will ensure we rectify these as we audit our bedrooms.

I am really sorry that we disturbed you so early during the refurbishment work we are having done, work should not have started until after 9am on weekdays and noise should be restricted as much as possible until check out time. We will address this with our contractors to ensure we don not have a reoccurrence.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Apart from being located conveniently for the NEC this hotel needs a complete refurb. I first stayed in this hotel 15 years ago and it has not had any new carpets and even a lick of paint in some areas since the first time I stayed. Considering the price charged one would expect better. The bathrooms need replacing, carpets throughout esp. in the bar area. The chairs in the bar are split, flat and grubby. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful and I really feel sorry for them as they must spend most there time dealing with grumbles. The food in the main restaurant is definitely not 'a la carte'.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear LadiesUK,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us and the comments with regards to the delay in improving the standards of our accommodation product.

We have a refurbishment underway which we commenced in the summer last year, and we are now in the process of refurbishing our bar and lounge area to enhance the product we are offering.

I am sorry you have not experienced our new product, we aim to have our refurbishment complete by the summer this year and I would love it if you would like to try us again to experience the improved product and service we are offering.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed one night(24/12/13),left car for duration of holiday.
Good value(PARKING) but basic accommodation and expensive Christmas eve meal,
No proviso or reduction in price for children's meal/menu and lack of ambiance in restaurant-one cracker and hat between three of us !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Crickwhisker,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Arden Hotel.

I am sorry to learn this was your dining experience over the Christmas period. You certainly should have had a much better festive dining experience with us.

We were offering limited dining options over the period, however hats and crackers should have been available to you all if offered as part of your meal.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you try us again soon to see the full range of high quality dining options we offer.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at the Arden Hotel for the night and left our car there for the duration of our holiday, it was perfectly located for the airport and the rooms were very comfortable, on arrival the reception staff were very friendly. We decided to have our evening meal in the restaurant and the food was excellent as were the staff. Well done to the Arden you got our holiday off to a great start we would definately use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Good base for the Birmingham Airport
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine H,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are ideally located for Birmingham Airport, and I am pleased you had a great stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to us prior to your next trip!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We visited The Arden Hotel for a business lunch with colleagues, following a meeting at the NEC. In terms of location it was perfect for what we needed.
Unfortunately the restaurant was closed, however we weren't informed of this in advance when calling to make sure that a meeting here was possible.
The reception area gives a good overall impression, although on walking through to the Burgandy Bar, the carpets are very worn and very faded, the décor is in desperate need of refurbishment and the seating in the bar is very old tatty low sofa's that are in need of replacing.

We arrived about 11.30am and despite the bar being almost empty and there being an abundance of staff stood behind it talking, there were lots of tables waiting to be cleared.

We ordered drinks and subsequently food, toasted club sandwich with salad and crisps, around the £7 mark - very tasty and not a bad price considering the location. Unfortunately when we had finished eating we waited over 30 minutes for our table to be cleared, in the end I went and asked for it to be cleared, however the lady behind the bar, despite acknowledging me and saying she would be 'right there' continued to clean the bar top and then got into conversation with another member of staff. Clearly our table was long forgotten as the bar continued to be cleaned and some 20 more minutes passed and I asked yet again, fortunately this time there was a different member of staff also behind the bar who did clear the table straight away and also took a drinks order.

Unfortunately this, along with the poor and tired décor, was sufficient to ensure that we look for an alternative NEC location for future meetings, and we certainly won't book to stay overnight here.

Looking on the positive, at least this place has the cleanest bar top in Birmingham!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pumpkin503,

Thank you for your feedback on the bar service at the hotel, I am sorry your experience was so bad. I agree inattentive service is totally unacceptable, and your feedback has been addressed appropriately.

The hotel is in the middle of a 12 month refurbishment programme with the bar and lounge area being completed in the spring, this will see new carpets and furniture that will improve the experience for our guests. On top of this we are improving our menu and service standards to bring us in line with other 3* hotels in the area. We will continue to offer Free Wi-Fi and Free Parking to guests using the bar area for a meeting.

Once again my apologies for the experience being so poor, I am sure if you return to us in the summer months, you will receive an altogether better experience.