“Perfect Place to Stay for Concerts”

Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here on 14th May 2014 as we were going to see Katy Perry in concert. The hotel is beautifully presented and staff are very welcoming - even provided directions and taxi numbers to LG Arena. Paid £68 for the night via trivago and got an all you can eat breakfast each as well (otherwise would have been £10 each). will definitely be using this hotel for future concert stop overs. Leisure facilities were an added bonus.

Room Tip: book through trivago for best deals
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace W
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Grace W,

Thank you for your lovely comments with regards to your stay with us for Katy Perry at LG Arena.

I am really pleased that overall the hotel met your needs and expectations of your stay. We aim to ensure we offer the best service possible to all our guests every time they stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next concert at LG Arena.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night while going to see a concert at NEC. The Arena is less than 10minutes slow walk out of the hotel and they will provide a map at reception for you.

Plus points are close to NEC, close to train station for access to city centre, reasonable price, friendly staff, ample parking

Negatives are lack of up market eateries around, rooms look a bit 80s, and some rooms are against main road.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davidlincs

Dear Davidlincs,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that this was a good stay.

I have taken on board your comments and feedback and will share these with our team. We will very shortly have a large number of eateries on our doorstep with Resorts World Birmingham opening its doors in early 2015, which will be just 500 yards from the hotel entrance. This will diversify the offering to our guests when staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I paid £75 inclusive of breakfast. My review is with the £75 in mind.

Impressive reception. Massive hotel.

Short wait to check in.

Others around me were being offered reservations for dinner but I wasn't - so I asked. The information given seemed to be geared around me choosing to eat in the bar rather than the restaurant (I think it was the way I was dressed - which annoyed me a little).

Went to room - nice. Bathroom a bit dated and showing signs of wear - but good overall. (Only noise I heard was the couple in the room above getting amorous at 1am!)

I decided to check out the Pool. Nice pool. Had a sauna too - very nice.

Checked out the menus and decided to eat in the restaurant rather than the bar (I was the worst dressed person in there in jeans and tshirt!). They really pack you in. Its a massive room - and although I had a table for one I might as well have been on the same table as the two table for ones either side - there was that little space.

Service was pretty good and fast.

I ate from the set menu - £20 gets you 3 courses - Lamb kebab followed by the pork duo. Pork was outstanding - one of the nicest pork dishes I have ever had. Veg were nice too. Cheese board was nice looking but the choice of cheese (1 of the 3) was disappointing, and the grapes were well past their best. Overrall - a lovely meal - really tasty and far better than most hotel meals I have ever had in this country.

Breakfast was outstanding. Great choice of food - hot selection and cold. Bacon was lovely. All cooked well and well presented.

Wifi was good.

Elsewhere in the hotel you can tell it gets a lot of traffic - worn carpets etc.. That aside, I will stay again and would highly recommend - especially given the rate I had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Acornise

Dear Acornise,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at the Arden Hotel.

I am sorry that you weren't offered a table in our Table d'hôte restaurant. I can assure you we try and encourage our guests to try our restaurant as we freshly cook all our meals and offer a very varied and creative menu to all guests.

I am pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us, and I have taken the opportunity to pass all your feedback onto my management team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Regularly stay here on business and settled on the Arden after spending months checking out other local hotels. It has absolutely the best combination of quality/service/facilities of any hotel in the area. Family owned and run business and that is reflected in the atitude of the staff, who seem to care far more than those employed by the corporate chain hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Zllaballa,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear how much you enjoy staying with us!

We aim to stand out from the corporate chain hotels. We don't have a rigid standard to follow, and very happy to see that you can see this reflects in our staff having additional abilities to allow their personality to shine.

I hope to continue to welcome you back to us for many more visits in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was very nervous after booking this hotel after reading the recent reviews by some on this website. My fears were to be totally unfounded. From the minute we walked into the hotel the staff couldn't have been friendlier. They warned us that our room was above a wedding reception that evening and offered to move us to another room at any time if required. This was not a problem, there wasn't any noise. The room was exceptionally clean with fresh linen and toiletries provided in abundance. We used the hotels leisure club which again was spotlessly clean, the pool and Jacuzzi were lovely, a relaxing treat after a long journey. We had breakfast included which was eat as much as you like, the food was lovely as were the staff, nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others wanting a good hotel for a very reasonable price. My children were upset to leave and we will return if ever needing a hotel in that area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guggi1975,

What a lovely review! I am really pleased you and your family had a great stay with us.

I will pass your feedback onto my management team who are focused on delivering a great experience to our guests, personalised to your own personal needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We thought this hotel was excellant value for money. I had made a mistake and booked thinking that this was near to the Symphony Hall which I thought was part of the NEC Complex. By the time I realised it was too late to cancel, but as it turned out it was a great mistake. We caught the train into the city where the Symphony Hall is [nearer to the NIA] and it only cost £9 return for the two of us. it was less than 10 minutes walk to the station and trains were frequent. Far cheaper than the car parks near to the Symhony Hall.
We had the 'all you can eat breakfast' which was really good too. The double room cost £55 plus £10 each for breakfast. A hotel in the city center near to the Symphony Hall would have been much more.All the staff too were very nice and helpful, all in all a great stay.
We could have used the leisure facilities for free but didn't have time, definately will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank worzelle

Dear Worzelle,

Thank you for your review, and for your lovely comments. I am pleased your stay was a pleasant mistake!

We do often have guests staying with us for events they are attending at Birmingham ICC or Symphony Hall as we are very easy access to the city centre and these venues are only a short walk from Birmingham New Street station.

I hope to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Although very near the NEC its a bit tricky getting to it for the first time, although getting back to the NEC takes just minutes. Check-in was very efficient and our room was fine and comfortable , although with a very dated bathroom, which was fine apart from the shower head which my husband had to clean before we could use it. The air vent was also clogged with dust and there were cobwebs on the ceiling. Old fashioned is fine but a bit more care with the cleaning would have helped. There is a very pleasant large bar with lots of very comfortable seating and the staff are efficient and friendly. There are a la carte and table d'hote menus available in the restaurant but we chose to eat in the bar area and had a delicious burger with salad and fries for a very reasonable price. The portions were large and everything was very well cooked.

A small point but the car park is free! unlike some hotels in the immediate area.

All in all, The Arden is looking a little tired and there are signs that they are in the process of up-dating but it is very clean and well kept. We would definitely consider this hotel when we book out next trip in September.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear lyndos22

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is addressed with my management team.

I apologise that there were some cleaning issues with the shower head in your bathroom, this will be addressed with our Housekeeping Manager as these should be cleaned thoroughly every day as part of the overall bedroom cleaning process, and therefore at no point should there have been a build up that should have required your husband to clean.

I will pass your lovely feedback with regards to our Lounge team to their line manager and ensure that we continue to offer an outstanding service in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next stay in the area.

Michael Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#31 of 118 in Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!