“close to NEC”

Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were given room 133 on 1st floor so just a short hop up a few stairs.We were told the lift was awaiting parts.All staff we came into contact with were friendly,helpful and polite.A really pleasant experience.Stayed 1 night as we went to see The Eagles at LP Arena.Short walk to get there[.If it rains only take a mini umbrella as they confiscate full size ones till after show]Had sandwiches in bar around 5ish before show.Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for one close to reception to avoid walking too far.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Cath N,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for your lovely comments.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I trust you had a good concert at the adjacent LG Arena.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us for your next event at LG Arena.

There are newer reviews for Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed 28 May 2014

retro décor and menu, but comfortable and the food is good. The hotel recently replaced blankets with duvets, which helps, but there are no ironing boards or tissues in the bedrooms, which I expect in a business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear porridge4,

Thanks for taking the time to review us at Arden Hotel, Solihull.

I appreciate your comments with regards to the décor of the hotel, we are working to continue to develop this with an ongoing refurbishment programme underway, and over 50% of our bedroom stock refurbished in the last twelve months. This has included re-painting of the walls and re-carpeting the rooms as well as new king size beds in our king rooms, and natural cotton duvets in all of our rooms.

We provide tissues in the Welcome pack you are given on check in to the hotel, and we have ironing boards available on request. Our team aim to deliver these to your room within 5 minutes of your call. I will take your comments on board though and they will form part of the overall review process going forward.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Last visited this hotel 12 years ago and i feel little has been improved. From the tatty carpet in the corridors to the lift out of order and 20th century bathrooms. I ordered wine in the bar and was handed the bottle without being shown the label or given the opportunity to taste. Not what you expect in a hotel of this standard.
Dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Westymar,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Arden Hotel, Solihull.

I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your experience when you stayed with us. I can assure you we have made significant improvements to the hotel since you stayed with us in 2002.

Last year we refusrbished over 50% of our bedrooms, and replaced all double rooms with king beds with natural cotton duvets, we have extended and refurbished our bar and lounge area, our TV lounge has been completed reconstructed and we are about to commence a project to upgrade our A La Carte restaurant and will continue to improve the remaining bedrooms through a proactive maintenance programme.

I hope to welcome you back to us in the near future to sample our fully refurbished product and see the results of a new extensive training programme we are rolling out to our staff.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nice hotel. Close to the LG Arena, room was a very nice size, and well equipped.

The bar/restaurant area was a nice venue with good service, our food was very nice.

Lots of parking available.

Would definitely use again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CI3m0

Thank you for choosing Arden Hotel, Solihull for your stay in Birmingham! I am really pleased that you had such a great stay with us.

I will ensure that your lovely feedback is passed onto my team and we will continue to grow our product and service offering as time develops.

Thanks again for your lovely comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights this week. Although reasonably priced for family room there was no air conditioning in room, which was ridiculously hot. Jacuzzi in spa/health centre was not working. Biggest problem was lift not working (and porter confirmed it had not been working for over a week. This was problematic as currently on crutches and although only 2 floors this was a big problem. Didn't offer to move us to lower floor on arrival but walked us for what seemed like forever to get to service lift. Had to walk down back of house which left a lot to be desired and had to buzz them every time I wanted to go up or down stairs. Moved us eventually for 2nd night but only to 1st floor and still no air conditioning working and hot room! Probably wouldn't stay there again to be honest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CarlyWarly66,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the issues you experienced with your stay at the Arden Hotel, Solihull.

I have addressed your comments with our Leisure & Wellbeing Manager who will endeavour to ensure we do not receive these issues in the future. We were having our sauna replaced over that period and therefore we did have to restrict power to the Jacuzzi for a period of time and for this I apologise.

I am aware of the issues with the lift, this is an ongoing issue and we are waiting for an essential part for it, which should be with us shortly. We are offering a temporary lift solution in the meantime and our team are offering assistance with luggage and support with the lift.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced on your stay with us. I hope to see you again in the future so that we can show you a better stay experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Booked one night in here to catch our early morning flight from Birmingham airport. Staff were fantastic - professional, friendly and well presented, nothing was too much trouble either. The lift was out of order, for which they apologised, and offered to carry our bags up to our room. The bar/lounge area offers ample space if you wish to find a quiet corner to relax or not be disturbed by other groups. I had a gourmet burger from the bar menu - it was lovely, well cooked and presented. The room itself was large and spacious. The water pressure was amazing, my bath filled in the blink of an eye! There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room and toiletries in the bathroom. Towels and bedding were clean. My only negative comments are that the upper levels in the hotel could do with updating and it would have been nice to have a larger duvet!

1  Thank DiceyBerkshire

Dear DiceyBerkshire,

Michael Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#26 of 118 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!