Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,797 results
All reviewsgenting arenaleisure clubbirmingham airportbar mealsleisure facilitiestrain stationmin walksat navreception staffburgundy restaurantbit datedbooked this hotelvisiting the necsteam roomclose to the airportmain restaurantideal location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed over a weekend as part of a larger group. The receptionist at check-in told me the bare minimum information required, I had to ask where breakfast would be served and at what time.

The room was basic, however the lock on the door didn't work and I was told the only other rooms available didn't have air con in them. Half of my party didn't have air con in their rooms and on this extremely hot weekend they struggled with the heat as the windows only open a couple of CMs.

I was involved in a corporate event at the venue and a little attention to detail was missed. For example there were 2 bottles of still water on the table in the morning between 13 of us and this was gone before the first break, yet it was not replaced even though fresh tea and coffee was brought at regular intervals.

The main restaurant was being refurbished on my visit therefore meaning we had to eat our evening meal in the other eating area. There was a good selection of food for the evening meal and they made basic adaptions for members of my party. The lunchtime meals tended to have 2 choices, 1 being vegetarian. One member of my party was asked if she was vegetarian before they provided her with the meal as there were limited numbers and they were reserved for vegetarians.

The hotel is okay for a short stay in a central location however it lacks some of the basics and the customer service isn't great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for aircon when booking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear Trailla,

Thank you for taking the time to review us based on your stay in August and I am sorry to learn we didn't live up to your expectations.

We have revisited customer service skills recently with our managers and we aim to see a continued improvement in this area. Although generally our feedback is very positive when it comes to guest experience I will review your feedback with my relevant management team.

I have spoken with my Events Operations Manager and she is baffled as to why your room was not set correctly, we will ensure this is revisited with the team and that any re-training with the team is scheduled immediately to prevent a re-occurrence.

I would also like to take an opportunity to apologise for the disruption caused by the refurbishment of our main restaurant, we operated the full menu throughout in our Brasserie. I am pleased to confirm our main restaurant is now re-open following extensive renovations.

I hope you give us an opportunity to try again in the future, as I am sure you will be more impressed on this occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Got a good deal with holiday extras £75 to stay overnight and park for 13 nights. Very nice hotel-met with a selection of bathroom goodies and easy check in. Went to the bar the food is extremely reasonable and was lovely-drinks at normal pub prices. Staff helpful and friendly. Rooms a decent size and comfortable.Would definitely go there again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear annpat65,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am pleased we met your expectations.

Our offering is aimed to be good value for money in a three star hotel, with both the accommodation and food offering so I am pleased you enjoyed your meal in our lounge and hopefully next time you will have an opportunity to sample our a la carte restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel very near Birmingham Airport. Very friendly and helpful staff. The food is excellent and its chef is very good. He prepared me a very nice Steak Diane at the table. Highly recommended. It is the second year we have been there and I am sure we will return in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Isabel M,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to see you returned to us and have had an equally enjoyable stay and meal. I will pass your compliments onto our Executive Chef.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We held my parents sixtieth anniversary party at the Arden Sunday 27/07/2014. The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was wonderful and beautifully served.i would recommend anyone to hold a special occasion meal here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear ann d,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am really pleased that your parents had a lovely sixtieth anniversary with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for plenty more family events in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a great and unexpected find - the Arden Hotel and Leisure club is an independently owned hotel which is excellently situated for access to Birmingham NEC and yet still provides a very countrified feel to it. Great and extensive, conference and meeting facilities; an excellent space which opens onto an outdoor patio for weddings, birthday parties or just a large get together. Leisure facilities including a pool, which I didn't use but which looked great. I turned up very late after trying to book on line. A problem with my bank card almost proved disastrous. Grateful for the efficiency of the receptionist Jennifer who agreed an excellent rate for one night and supplied me with some complimentary toiletries.
I experienced excellent service the following day from the restaurant and bar staff as well as Jamie Matthews front of House Manager who agreed to match the online price, which was great customer service. A big thanks to Michael Simpson and Emma Cheal the hotel managers and their team - I woudl recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to base themselves centrally to explore the West Midlands. Jacqueline McMillan

Room Tip: Free wifi available in the BT Open zone in lounge and bar areas. The back of my room overlooked the roof of the lounge area - this was fine for me - opposite side of the hotel might be better for people with very young families.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jackie M

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a lovely review, I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the hotel and our team.

I trust we will see you again in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back.