“Bit different for the area.”

Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gildersome
west yorks
“Bit different for the area.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Hotel has been revamped in the last 5 or so years. Decor is contemporary and welcoming. Bar drinks are a bit pricey but it is a hotel. A friend had her wedding here a couple of years ago and they were very pleased with the whole event. We enjoyed Kelly's wedding, the staff were helpful and the hotel looked good. Nice grounds for pictures too. I recently took Mother for afternoon tea as a birthday surprise. The cost was about £14 pp which is slightly better value than most places that serve afternoon tea in the area. My only comment would be that the afternoon tea is set in stone with 3 (?) choices of sandwich fillings and 3 choices of cakes. None of the party were huge fans of the smoked salmon sandwiches so I felt a bit peeved that I'd paid for something I didn't really want, beter if we could choose fillings we would prefer. All in all a nice experience, no great views to admire whilst we were eating just the whoops and hollers of the group doing a team building day on the lawn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Lovely hotel with staff particularly pleasant and polite. We stayed in a 'family room' which was both immaculate and well decorated. Unfortunately when they say family room, they mean large room as it only provides a double bed as standard. They charge extra for additional beds and cots which was frustrating. Breakfast was very good. One thing we did note was that the hotel did appear to lack some character and and is more 'businessy' than homely, which belies the exterior & grounds. Walls were a little thin so you can hear activity in other rooms. Or put another, I know people could hear my aforementioned family waking up at 5am and running up and down the length of the room (not me).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Leeds
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have eaten at this hotel twice and on both occasions was impressed with the lovely surroundings and the excellent food. The staff are friendly and efficient and the whole hotel gives the impression of being well run.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've used this hotel for business on many occasions and cannot fault it. I also attended a beautiful wedding here in 2007. The grounds are tranquil and relaxing and the location for south Leeds/ m62 is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel around a dozen times over the years, my first time certainly did give me the WOW factor, I remember they always seemed to be filming for Emmerdale, and the breakfast was to die for the rooms were both tastefully decorated and pristine, it is still very good, don't get me wrong but the rooms are getting a little dated, the breakfast was okay and the staff were friendly, it is far different now then it was it was in its infant years when the first thing you would notice was a large parrot who's name has alluded me now.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The woodlands way surpassed our expectations as a venue for getting married. The quality if the venue itself, the immaculate and quirky rooms, the out of this world customer service... It's second to none.

If you're planning a wedding Lauren will be your wedding coordinator and planner and she's a gem, ensuring everything goes smoothly with a few added lovely surprises for you on the day. Your toastmaster Nigel is equally wonderful, super attentive and smiles all day. The whole team create the perfect day, you can just enjoy the luxurious surroundings and focus on having fun with friends and family... Can't rate this place and the people highly enough xx

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank adele p
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday weekend, we married there last July and fell in love with it. The staff are helpful and attentive and the hotel has a lovely relaxed feel about it. Upon booking we were asked if the stay was for a special occasion so we explained it was for my birthday, we thought the receptionist was just making conversation and thought nothing of it, then when we went into dinner we were told there was a glass of prosecco on the house for us as a birthday treat, very nice we thought, then when desserts arrived my desert came with a single candle and Haply Birthday written on the plate. what a very nice gesture. The hotel was very clean the room luxurious with lovely toiletries our room had a patio and garden area in which to sit and enjoy the tranquility of the day. Can't wait to stay again. We can't recommend this hotel enough! 5*

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank AMFinlay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gildersome
Leeds City Centre
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#33 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Woodlands Hotel Leeds? Share your experiences!