Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjacuzzi bathwedding venuethe penthouseguests commented on howwedding breakfastevening receptionfrench doorsevening partywedding coordinatorroll top bathyorkshire breakfastsunday lunchfull englishlovely hotelbeautiful roombirthday treatelland road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Booked a last minute getaway for me and the hubby and all i can say is it was lovely. So spacious and clean with lovely staff. We couldn't have asked for more. I payed a little more for a superior suite and was very impressed. The huge bed was super comfy.
We also have drinks in the cosy bar and a scrumptious evening meal (Hubby had steak and i had duck)
Breakfast was a perfect end to our stay.
Would certainly recommend this hotel to others!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is situated perfectly off the m62 for an overnight stop over or weekend away, we used it as a stop over in-between places.

I booked this hotel on booking.com at a very favourable rate including breakfast. When we checked in we were giving information about restaurants times, where the bar was, the wifi pass word and where to find our room, very helpful without being asked.
Our room, although lovely, decorated nicely and clean, was very tiny, probably the smallest hotel room I've ever stopped in, but I wonder if this is because I got such a cheap rate, the bathroom was also very cosy, without a bath, which was disappointing, I was looking forward to a soak, toiletries provided were very nice and good quality toilet paper!
The bar area is very nice, with the bar illuminated in a very modern way and fabulous gin and tonics, restaurant orders were taken in the bar and we were taken through to the restaurant when our starters were ready. I have to be honest, after having seen and chosen off the menu, I wasn't convinced the food would be top notch, I was wrong. Starters were tasty, presented well and a good portion, for main we ordered sirloin steak-blue, the steak was not blue, just rare, which was disappointing (not difficult to do blue steak, 20 secs each side) but the steak was indeed very tasty, good quality meat and seasoned to perfection, the onion rings were morish, I ordered bernaise sauce with the steak, it was dreadful, thank goodness i Tried it before I poured it all over my steak, I would doubt very much if a chef had even tasted it, if they had there is no way they would have served it.
We ordered a bin end wine, Bordeaux red that was superb. No room for desserts!

Breakfast was wholesome and freshly cooked, but I hate fried tinned mushrooms, seriously buy fresh, it's not difficult. Lots of different choices for cooked breakfast too, eggs benedict, smoked salmon and muffins, waffles etc. the continental part of breakfast held a good selection too with boiled eggs, hams, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals etc.

The staff at this hotel are so friendly, everyone we saw spoke, asked how you were, I needed Help getting to the restaurant (lost my bearings) and rather than point me in the right direction, they took me there. The staff at the hotel make the stay even more pleasurable.

But in a nut shell, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stop here again. Although I'd make sure I got a different room.

Room Tip: Ask to not be put in room 21!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My Daughter Elizabeth was married at the Woodlands Hotel Gildersome on New Years Eve 2013 and I cannot compliment the whole experience enough - from going to the first wedding fair earlier on in the year to the day itself - It was magical - everything about the build up to the wedding - the staff it was all truly amazing..... The wedding planner Lauren was on hand from the beginning to the end - all the other staff were just as brilliant to...friendly, professional, courteous, lively, happy,in control - I truly cannot say enough good things about the whole experience...My close family and I stayed the night before the wedding, it was so lovely to just relax before the big day - the rooms were all extremely comfortable,clean and so inviting. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant - everything was to a extremely high standard - food,wine and of course the staff....My family and I had such a magical time....When people asked me how the wedding went my answer to the question " It was magical" its all we could have asked for "truly magical"......Everything ran smoothly on the wedding day,nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff...The reception and the marque were breath taking and just could not believe how beautiful it all was..... I would recommend Woodlands to everyone - not just for a wedding but for just a meal, a drink or a short break - AMAZING.....

I would also like to say how wonderful the General Manager was nothing was to much trouble for that man - he was there every inch of the way - He is a credit to the Woodlands.....

Elizabeth and Lee are now honeymooning in Mexico enjoying the peace and sunshine.....

Thank you again the all the staff at Woodlands for our Magical New Years Wedding - money well spent....

Gillian Ellis
Low Farm Cottage
Lodge Lane
Liversedge
West Yorkshire
Wf15 7pq

Room Tip: All rooms spendid
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just returned from a one night stay, for a wedding and wedding reception. For a wedding venue the hotel could not be faulted, except where it came to help for disabled guests. The access to the garden area for photos had a steep bank of two loads of steps, not very nice and the access to the marque for the wedding breakfast and later dance area had a very sharp slope which was difficult to manoeuvre and was also not highlighted. Also we had what we were told was an easy access disabled room. Whilst it was a pleasant room on the ground floor, you had to get through two very stiff fire doors and then the bedroom door. Once in the room there was plenty of space, the bathroom then let the whole experience down. There was a lack of grab rails and the one there was was on the outside GLASS shower screen of the bath, this felt very unsafe as you tried to get off the toilet, using it and the sink to raise yourself. The toilet paper holder was then located low down between the toilet and the sink, difficult to use again. Access to the shower was then impossible, one would have had to lift legs high over the edge of the bath onto a slippery bath bottom and then try the same trick to get out, all without the use of one handrail. Sorry Woodlands your bathroom let you down on what otherwise would have been a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you are disabled beware, ask more questions about your room and do not assume that Disabled Friendly or Disabled access means that you would have all of the facilities you would expect of a Disabled Room, also be aware of the steps in the garden and heavy fire doors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Lauren Y, Manager at Woodlands Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hello. Many thanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor, and sincere apologies that the facilities did not reach your expectations. Please do get in touch with me directly on 0113 238 1488 or lauren@woodlandsleeds.com as I would be more than happy to discuss this further.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Very good staff at this historic hotel on outskirts of Leeds. Rooms well equipped and nicely decorated. Easy access to Leeds by car or public transport. Booked at short notice with Booking.com and got very good deal. Would recommend.'m

• Stayed: December 2013