I'm afraid my one night here was a bit of a disaster.
It started to go wrong at reception where I was ignored for ages by two chatting receptionists. I arrived in my room to find the phone unplugged from the wall and grubby furniture. The free wireless internet code had been changed from the one I was originally provided but the reception staff didn't seem to know anything about it...
Room service didn't start until much later so I had to go to the basement coffee bar to get a cup of tea - sadly the chap working the bar was more interested in chatting up a female member of staff than he was in talking to me. In fact everything I tried to do in this hotel came apart at the seams.
Finally I have to say that breakfast was one of the most depressing experiences I have had in a long time. Cold eggs, burnt bacon and a do it yourself toastr that merely warmed your bread complemented the most undrinkable coffee I think I've ever had.
If this place billed itself as a modern Fawlty towers and not as a pseudo-respectable hotel I'd be a bit more understanding. It certainly did not live up to its billing and I felt sorry for the pensioners' coach tour that had to endure this place while I was there - I was there for work but this place was meant to be part of their holiday
In the end I had a long list of petty issues which added up into serious irritants. The room itself was basic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Leeds North is situated only a short drive from the city centre and 3 miles from the train station. Leeds is an all-round vibrant city and offers the perfect base to explore some of the best theatres, music and shopping in the country. You will also be drawn to attractions out of town, like the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Village Hotel Leeds North has 134 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Leeds North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Leeds North
- Village Hotel And Leisure Leeds
- Village Hotel Leeds North Headingley