“Highly recommend”

Village Hotel Leeds North
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great location rooms good and comfortable, parking easy. Good to see Starbucks on site, pool area great especially enjoyed jacuzzi. Will try spa next time. Good choices for food and breakfast was very good. Will stay again and recommended.

There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Leeds North

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went here last week on a SPA Day - what a brilliant experience. Couldn't get over how very friendly all the staff were. Our deal included afternoon tea, a beauty treatment and full use of the facilities, all for £30each From the moment we donned our chunky and very snuggly bath robes we were made to feel so very welcome like we were regulars ! The treatment was a body salt scrub - it was divine.
The lunch was sandwiches a hot drink and a mini cheesecake that looked too good to even cut into. Then we waddled down to the steam room to relax. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and can't wait to return. To the manager ...........your staff are a credit to you

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sue b
Reviewed 1 June 2014

very nice hotel clean and fresh nice night there saw a show for sisters birthday very nice the three course meal was very good hot and the service was brilliant nothing was any trouble for the waiting staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank zarawestyorkshire
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Reception staff couldn't care less .. Gave us key no information on where room was or how to get to it! Got out if lift on first floor to be greeted by piles and piles of trays with discarded food on ... Not pleasant! Got in to room and only a double bed despite booking for 2 adults and a child. Had to find maids to make up a bed for my daughter. Room itself was average ( floor needed a good Hoover) bathroom was shabby in need of a makeover with peeling paint and a small trickle in the shower definitely not a power shower!!
Leisure facilities ok ... Lovely big pool but freezing cold. Sauna and steam room very good. Outside area to sunbathe but all furniture was dirty. Starbucks in hotel usual high standard. Pub food at lunch very nice and large sun terrace was an added bonus . Unfortunately in the evening they couldn't fit us in the restaurant which we found strange as was only one third full ALL NIGHT! Consequently had no other choice but to go back in the bar ... Horrendous experience ... Packed out .. Very raucous with several groups shouting and swearing ... Not really where you want an 11 year old to be but no choice as there were no other options. Food was disgusting and for some reason the staff thought it was ok to bring starters and main all together!! They weren't bothered either when we protested!! Despite all this we did have a quiet nights sleep and breakfast the next morning was good with great service from the staff. Lady on reception when we checked out was lovely and friendly a complete contrast to the staff the previous day. All in all a very mixed experience .. A lovely looking hotel in nice grounds but needs some TLC and some staff need educating in Customer relations

1  Thank Anfield41
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked a spa day here via wowcher for myself and my boyfriend which included a treatment and afternoon tea. Having visited spas in the past I know what to expect from a spa, however all I can describe this place as is a large pool with two rooms (sauna and steam) on the perimeter. Really disappointed! The area was cold and dirty. Needless to say we left after 30 mins in the spa area we left without the tea or treatment because we were that disheartened at what I brought into. Next time will definitely stick to real spas. Genuinely shocked they charge £120 for this package! It's shocking

1  Thank rachc0711
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked the spa at the Village North for my friends hen do. I went through an external website to book as I found a great deal before actually checking the hotel website, but the deals the hotel do directly are good too.

We purchased a deal for each person to have access to the spa, robe & towel, 1 treatment (facial, massage or manicure) and half a bottle of wine.

In the planning of the day, the ladies from the spa kept in contact with me, early on I had a few questions that I emailed over as I was hoping to substitute the wine for the pregnant ladies (one being the bride to be!) and the drivers of the group, and to possibly reserve an area in the bar for us to play some hen party games (out of the spa area) & book pregnancy massages extra.

I received a callback the same day from a lady who couldn't have been more helpful. She ran through what I had booked and confirmed it, also confirming there would be no problems switching some of the wine for soft drinks and we could reserve an area. They also called me a day before my booking to check all the details.

On the day we all arrived and met in the bar area - I ordered some light bites for the group whilst we played the games in the outdoor area we had and sorted out the drinks as part of the package. The guys behind the bar were really friendly and accommodating, helping us with the drinks (in plastics) down to the pool area and making special soft drink cocktails for the ladies not drinking the wine.

We all had our treatments (including an additional 2 pregnancy massages we paid for extra) and the opinion of the whole group was that the ladies doing the treatments were excellent. Incredibly friendly - not at all snobby like you can find at some other places. You could tell the team get on well. The treatments they did were excellent too. They even managed to fit an extra treatment in on the day for us for one of the girls.

Everybody had a brilliant time. The hotel is nice and clean. The pool is huge for a hotel pool and there is a nice outdoor area which came in handy as it was a sunny day (i would suggest a couple more sunbeds on a hot day but that is all). The staff we dealt with were excellent, friendly and service focused.

We didn't stay the night (as we all live reasonably local) so cannot comment on the rest of the hotel but would recommend the leisure facilities. 3 of the group are already planning on a return visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Although the room was clean and pretty standard I was really disappointed by my anaemic breakfast. After queing for 30mins to be seated - despite empty tables that had not yet been cleared - I then found there were no sausages which is a big let down. Plus although they supplied a cot for my 6 month old, we were given a towel to use as bedding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Village Hotel Leeds South
Ascot Grange Hotel
#1 of 9 in Headingley
Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Village Hotel Leeds North? Share your experiences!