“Lovely”

Village Hotel Leeds North
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2nights at the beginning of august. Our room was lovely and big, breakfast was good- good range of choices- and pool sauna and steam room were lovely. Only complaint would be room was very warm and even with the fan on and windows open it didn't help much so air con would be a good addition.

• Stayed: August 2014
7931Linda, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I am please to here you found your room of a good size & you enjoyed your breakfasts, I am also pleased to here that you made use of the pool sauna & steam room which you found to be lovely.
The Team and I hope to look forward to welcoming you back to the Village Leeds North in the near future.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here over-night after attending a Wedding Reception.
Did not check the room on arrival, but found later that the bedding had not been laundered properly, sheets had marks on them, towels appeared to have mildew type marks on them, shower-head leaking. Scuff marks on walls in bedroom, and bathroom smelly. No air-con and the rooms were very hot and windows had security catches on so would only open a couple of centimeters.
When attending breakfast, the buffet had several things missing, ie glasses for juices, napkins, had to ask for these.
Carpet had not been cleaned from night before as there was food and debris in several places and the staff made no attempt to clear this up.
Selection of food was good and although we attended breakfast at just before 9am, the food was not hot enough.

Room Tip: Not above the bar or function room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7931Linda, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I have noted your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel & breakfast issues; and this has now been further reviewed with our Housekeeping Manager & Breakfast Manager

I hope that you will provide the Team the opportunity to provide you with a more favourable experience in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Booking system useless, don't expect any confirmation. Rooms so hot that you can't actually sleep and windows that don't open. Arrived with 2 kids (ages 8 & 11) and luggage, room was down 5 corridors and up 3 different flights of stairs in furthest corner of hotel. Couldn't use pool as half of it was being used for 1 child to have a swimming lesson and other was packed as they only allow kids to use the pool at limited times. Can't use gym, spa pool, sauna or steam. The same room without kids is £60 cheaper so basically we paid an awful lot for 2 kids breakfasts as that is all I can see we got for our money. Complained to Duty Manager who said they were more interested in the business user!! If you are a family save your money and stay at a Premier Inn or the like.

Room Tip: Bring a large fan!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David C
7931Linda, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your valuable Tripadvisor feedback; and apologise that you have had an experienced that has resulted in a 1 Star Review. I have reviewed your feedback; along with further discussions with the Team.

We have been trying to make contact with you since your recent visit to the Village Leeds North; to discuss your feedback further. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you; if you would like to return our calls. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

When arriving at this hotel on business 3 years ago, the place was disgusting, dirty restaurant, carpets, terrible food in the bar, rubbish service, check in and out very, very slow.
Following year restaurant had been refurbished, and all seem to be improved.
This year, well, back to the same, carpets filthy, I was in the upper deck rooms, which are suppose to be the bestrooms, the carpets in the corridor leading to the rooms, very heavily soiled, plates and glasses left about from room service next to the lift. Service at reception and bar slow again, and had to wait just over an hour for chips and dips, which was a very small paper carton of mayo!!!!!!!!!! Was told at reception, that money had been spent on the leisure facilities, well if a gym is more important then time management was replaced, I would certainly recommend both travelodge, never thought I'd be saying that, and premier inn to stay as service better and by far much more cleaner!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I am extremely disappointed you did not enjoy your stay at Village Leeds North, please accept our sincerest apologies for your poor experience, I have noted your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel; and this will be further reviewed with our Housekeeping Manager & General Manager and would hope if you was to return you would a more favourable Visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights in an 'Upper Deck' room which was meant to be a little slice of luxury, but was not! The windows hardly open so the rooms was always extremely hot, the carpet was filthy throughout and as the room was located above the bar was extremely noisy. Thee as hardly any space to store my clothes very small wardrobe and two small draws so not suitable for a long stay. As a company we booked 7 rooms in total and everybody was extremely disappointed. The restaurant in the hotel was nice however the bar food was not good and there was an extra lay long wait. Would I pay over £100 a night to stay her again.....No way!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I am extremely disappointed you did not enjoy your stay at Village Leeds North & feel its not value for money, please accept our sincerest apologies for your poor experience and would hope if you was to return you would a more favourable Visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Needed to visit Leeds for a funeral. Stayed here before, and wasn't that impressed but hey, it's one night, so what can go wrong? Used hotels.com for a King including breakfast at £95. Driving from Leeds Airport I get a call telling me there's no room for me. When I reach the hotel, a room has been found, but it's a twin, and a very ropey one at that. Hotels.com were blamed for not passing on the reservation details - I thought that was nonsense - it was overbooking, plain and simple, and reading reviews it sounds like it's a regular occurrence.

The room was in poor condition. Plenty of dust, radiator hanging off wall, decrepit bathroom tiles with filler in several places. Absolutely not what I booked and paid for….
Front desk comped my bar bill for the evening, and the staff in the bar were great - helpful and chatty, and restored at least some of my sense of humour….

Gym is undergoing refurb, so is very limited at present. I spotted the notice (it isn't stated on the website) so got in early enough (6.30am) to get a machine.

Breakfast was as lacklustre as my previous visit. It makes me smile seeing comments to reviews from Guest Relations Managers saying they're all over reviewing the standards of breakfast. Now hear this…. it ain't working. The same watery eggs, poor quality coffee, B&B style nasty fruit salad. Yuk….

The one really bright moment came at check out, when I replayed my anguish to a very helpful lady who was either genuinely mortified, or would do credit to an amateur dramatics society! She offered to refund me £50. I say offered as I didn't ask for it. Well done to you…. as i left feeling far more cheerful than when I arrived.

Still pretty dreadful though. It's almost as if the hotel knows it's not delivering and just bluffs it. Shame, as the location and the property itself is good, and it could be excellent….

Room Tip: Upper deck only. If they offer you Room 139, run away as fast as you can :-)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am extremely disappointed you did not enjoy your stay at Village Leeds North, please accept our sincerest apologies for your poor experience and would hope if you was to return you would a more favourable Visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I checked into this hotel with 80 women's institute for a conference in Leeds on June 6 Friday 2014. The hotel was very nice BUT I was given a room right above the disco room where a party was going on with a boy band. I could not hear the TV. ,I could not read my book because I could here the disco and boyband word for word with the terrible noise of thud thud thud. When I complained after being told there were no other rooms available and the party would not finish until 1 am in the morning , I was offered a full refund by the line manager of the hotel for the Saturday night, as they could not accommodate me another room. Checked the following morning and was told yes there would be a full refund. Along with myself there were 4other rooms who also complained and after weeks and weeks of waiting the hotel have only given us 50% refund . Unfortunately because we were a big group we had to pay up front, so beware if you have any complaints THEY will not fulfil there obligations with you.

Room Tip: Make sure it is not above an entertainment room as you can say goodby to a nights sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#51 of 87 in Leeds
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ascot Grange Hotel
#1 of 9 in Headingley

Been to Village Hotel Leeds North? Share your experiences!