All reviewsquiet roadno liftsingle roomfour poster bedtree lined roadthe main hotelnight portercity centregarden roomseparate showerlovely hotelbuffet stylevisiting friendspubs and restaurantsself servicethe location is perfectbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We chose Haley's for our wedding celebration as we wanted exclusive use of the hotel for our ceremony, reception and party and for our family and friends to stay. The hotel was a perfect venue for the relaxed and friendly atmosphere we wanted. The staff could not have been more thoughtful and attentive, rooms were lovely and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: We had the top floor corner room as our bridal suite and it was lovely. The annexe rooms are great for anyone wanting peace and quiet .
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

So glad you had a lovely wedding day. Thank You for your comments.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Gordon (Owner).

Reviewed 31 August 2011

One of my all time places to stay and eat, its superb! i love it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

What can I say?
Thank You so much.
Gordon (Owner).

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed for two nights mid August (along with my daughter and son and their partners) for a family wedding (which also took place in the hotel). Everything (all staff, cleanliness, food, atmosphere) was great... we were all delighted and had a lovely weekend (and so did my dog who was given a sausage for breakfast). Thank you Haley's Hotel :O)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

The sausages are good, and hope your dog would recommend them also.
Glad you had a nice and comfortable stay with us Thank You.
Gordon (Owner)..

Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stopped here just for 1 night and advised the management that as I had ME I really did need a quiet comfortable room. This was completely ignored and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Very sorry to hear of your experience at Haley's. I wish I had more details so I could see what happened to your booking.
Please feel free to write to me at the Haley's address, I will certainly look into this matter.
Regards Gordon (Owner).

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Had booked this hotel as we were attending a wedding at the cricket ground and it was within walking distance, having read the reviews on here we went with an open mind.The hotel is set in a leafy avenue with plentiful parking and the building looks quite impressive, it is very well located for local amenities there are at least a couple of pubs and restaurants within walking distance and some shops for those items you have forgotten.
Were we dissapointed on arrival NO not at all, If I wanted to be picky yes some of the carpets particulally on the staircases are looking past there best but they were clean, some of the paintwork could do with freshening up and the hot water pressure is low but I put that down to being on the top floor. Over all our party enjoyed their stay, all the staff we came across were pleasent and helpful and the breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful.
We had a deluxe room on the top floor which was well appointed and very light and the bathroom with bath and seperate shower with modern fittings looked as though it had been recently installed.
I am very particular about the places we stay in and am prepared to pay a little more for both service and for pleasant surroundings my philosophy is you pay travel lodge prices you get the travel lodge and to back that up I do a very comprehensive inspection of all the places we stay and to be perfectly honest apart from the few obsevation I made near the top I really could,nt fault Haleys and I would not hessitate to book in again if we are looking for a weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank You for your review we are currently undergoing decorating and re carpeting at Haley's and Bedford House which is the Annexe to Haley's Hotel, Since taking over the hotel from the administrators we do have an on going programme of updating the decor etc, although we have to be sensitive to the fact these buildings are grade II listed buildings, Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay hope re visit us again.

Regards Gordon Jowett