All reviews quiet road no lift single room night porter the main hotel city centre buffet style lovely hotel sunday lunch comfortable bed self service family room sat nav bars and restaurants cooked breakfast definitely stay here again full english
Reviewed 30 November 2011

this place is just off the armley road and a little gem. the location is great for visiting the city and the restaurant down the road salvos is amazing( its only ten min walk away)the staff at this place are very helpful and friendly. we only stopped the 1 night as were travelling north and needed to break the drive up, glad we did and will def come back. best night sleep on the beds.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Food-stalker
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you for this review. I know you have the right hotel but it is off Otley road Leeds 6. I Just don't want any guests getting confused. Thanks once again. Gordon.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Booked originally on its location as I was visiting my daughter who (not surprisingly!), lives in Headingley, just a short walk away. The hotel was warm and welcoming, as were all the staff I encountered, I suppose 'comfy' is a good word to describe the ambience. All the usual 'mod-cons' in the room and the 'full English' on Sunday was excellent - wouldn't have minded a fried egg though, if I'm being picky! Very friendly and the atmosphere encourages guests to talk to each other - I was sat at the bar on Saturday evening with a pint of Kronenbourg,not great, BTW :-( and was soon in conversation with other fellow guests.
Would I go back? Oh, yes, loved the place. Negatives? Carpet in my room was a tad shabby - it was a plain, cream colour and had a few marks but, hey, it's November and there's a few leaves and stuff around! Don't suppose you can get the carpet-cleaner out EVERY day! And, as above, the lager wasn't great (I'll make allowances, might have been the first one pulled that day/barmaid skills) - and an absence of a fried egg. All very minor - I will be back!

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Terry A

Sorry about your comment on the lager, i shall be speaking to the cellar man about this, we do clean all beer lines weekly. We have since this review carried out work on the internet and i think you will find it much better now. Thank you for this review. Gordon.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I travel to Leeds on a regular basis and mostly stay for one night. Haleys is the hotel of choice for myself and two other colleagues. Having stayed in many other hotels in Leeds (Bewleys, Roomz, Travel lodge etc,) Haleys has become our destination of choice, since it offers reasonable facilities for a truly excellent price.

For both single and double rooms the bed is spacious and has all the expected facilities, including lots of tea and coffee, large Freeview TV, chairs, desks, bath as well as shower etc.

The staff are always friendly.

There is a nice bar area downstairs, with comfy chairs. Meals can be served either in the bar or restaurant. The restaurant serves excellent breakfast, and I have eaten my main meal their on a number of occasions, and it has also been excellent. There are a large number of bars and restaurants within walking distance (The hotel itself is on a very quiet street). There are plenty of free car parking places.

My only very small issue is that the wireless Internet is a little unreliable. However this is provided for free (No £10 fee for 2 hours as found in other hotels).

In summary, this is the hotel in Leeds myself (and others in my company) select for preference in Leeds.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AndrewS12345
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here last week and the rooms were very nice. It looks like they have spent some money on them recently. The en-suite was very smart.
We only ate breakfast and this really was very good. It was a buffet style so you just help yourself and there was plenty to choose from.
The only thing that could have been improved was the service from the girl behind the desk who didn't want to smile or say much.
The beds were large and very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Clivesalive
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Nice to read your comments, sorry you felt the receptionist wasn't very forth coming with her welcome.

Regards Gordon (owner)

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I can not fault this hotel. Well furnished, comfortable, very clean and excellent service from extremely pleasant and most helpful staff. Had dinner there two evenings, and the food was well presented and of a high standard, attentive staff who did not intrude. Will certainly be returning there. Good if you wish to shop in Leeds, go to the cricket or visit family at University,

Room tip: Room 8 was lovely
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends