“Lovely small hotel with friendly staff and clean rooms”

Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed only 1 night, but would have liked to stay longer.
The room was perfectly clean and the shower great.

The staff was very friendly, when we asked for the lift (they do not have, which can be a bit of a problem for some people) the receptionist offered to carry up the suitcase for us.

After we failed to find a table at the recommended Italian restaurant nearby, we came back to have dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was excellent!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Antoinette01Schweiz
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Haley's and Bedford House is a Grade 2 listed building. There for we would have problems installing a lift, however we do have ground floor bedrooms in Bedford House just 10 metres across the car park. Thanks. Gordon.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

this place is just off the armley road and a little gem. the location is great for visiting the city and the restaurant down the road salvos is amazing( its only ten min walk away)the staff at this place are very helpful and friendly. we only stopped the 1 night as were travelling north and needed to break the drive up, glad we did and will def come back. best night sleep on the beds.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Food-stalker

Thank you for this review. I know you have the right hotel but it is off Otley road Leeds 6. I Just don't want any guests getting confused. Thanks once again. Gordon.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Booked originally on its location as I was visiting my daughter who (not surprisingly!), lives in Headingley, just a short walk away. The hotel was warm and welcoming, as were all the staff I encountered, I suppose 'comfy' is a good word to describe the ambience. All the usual 'mod-cons' in the room and the 'full English' on Sunday was excellent - wouldn't have minded a fried egg though, if I'm being picky! Very friendly and the atmosphere encourages guests to talk to each other - I was sat at the bar on Saturday evening with a pint of Kronenbourg,not great, BTW :-( and was soon in conversation with other fellow guests.
Would I go back? Oh, yes, loved the place. Negatives? Carpet in my room was a tad shabby - it was a plain, cream colour and had a few marks but, hey, it's November and there's a few leaves and stuff around! Don't suppose you can get the carpet-cleaner out EVERY day! And, as above, the lager wasn't great (I'll make allowances, might have been the first one pulled that day/barmaid skills) - and an absence of a fried egg. All very minor - I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Terry A

Sorry about your comment on the lager, i shall be speaking to the cellar man about this, we do clean all beer lines weekly. We have since this review carried out work on the internet and i think you will find it much better now. Thank you for this review. Gordon.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I travel to Leeds on a regular basis and mostly stay for one night. Haleys is the hotel of choice for myself and two other colleagues. Having stayed in many other hotels in Leeds (Bewleys, Roomz, Travel lodge etc,) Haleys has become our destination of choice, since it offers reasonable facilities for a truly excellent price.

For both single and double rooms the bed is spacious and has all the expected facilities, including lots of tea and coffee, large Freeview TV, chairs, desks, bath as well as shower etc.

The staff are always friendly.

There is a nice bar area downstairs, with comfy chairs. Meals can be served either in the bar or restaurant. The restaurant serves excellent breakfast, and I have eaten my main meal their on a number of occasions, and it has also been excellent. There are a large number of bars and restaurants within walking distance (The hotel itself is on a very quiet street). There are plenty of free car parking places.

My only very small issue is that the wireless Internet is a little unreliable. However this is provided for free (No £10 fee for 2 hours as found in other hotels).

In summary, this is the hotel in Leeds myself (and others in my company) select for preference in Leeds.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AndrewS12345
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here last week and the rooms were very nice. It looks like they have spent some money on them recently. The en-suite was very smart.
We only ate breakfast and this really was very good. It was a buffet style so you just help yourself and there was plenty to choose from.
The only thing that could have been improved was the service from the girl behind the desk who didn't want to smile or say much.
The beds were large and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clivesalive
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Nice to read your comments, sorry you felt the receptionist wasn't very forth coming with her welcome.

Regards Gordon (owner)

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I can not fault this hotel. Well furnished, comfortable, very clean and excellent service from extremely pleasant and most helpful staff. Had dinner there two evenings, and the food was well presented and of a high standard, attentive staff who did not intrude. Will certainly be returning there. Good if you wish to shop in Leeds, go to the cricket or visit family at University,

Room Tip: Room 8 was lovely
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 186394Molly
Reviewed 29 September 2011

First time we'd stayed at Haleys as we were after somewhere out of the city centre but not a "chain" hotel.

Initially booked a deluxe room for one night over the phone and was asked if we were part of the Wedding party. As we weren't the receptionist said she'll put us on the 2nd floor as far from the noise as possible. Although the Wedding wasn't actually in the hotel the guests from a nearby Wedding were so top marks for the room placement.

We ended up staying 2 nights the Friday & Saturday and I'm glad we did.

The hotel is super efficient with reception staff being both friendly and helpful whatever the time of day or night you spoke to them.

The rooms are lovely , bright & clean. We had No 22 which is a round room looking out of the left tower of the hotel. The bed was lovely and firm and both my partner & I had the best nights sleep in a long time.

The only criticism is the plugs in both the bath & sink didn't seal off properly so you couldn't run a sink or bath or water. Not really a massive problem as there was a shower as well....Ah yes, the shower! It's certainly not a Power shower and may just get the title of "watering can" shower. as you've probably worked out it wasn't the most powerful shower!!

I'm sure though that if this was causing us a huge problem and we'd reported it to reception it would have been sorted out.

Breakfast on both days was buffet style and nice and fresh. Coffee was great.

Checking out on the sunday morning was simple enough even with the large party of wedding guests there.

Fullmarks to the receptionist as she even apologised about the noise being made by one of the younger members of the Wedding party. Said noise of this delightful young man aged about 5ish had started just after 8am and he was still going strong all through breakfast!!

All in all when we're not staying in the city centre this is where we'll stay!

And lastly can I just apologise to the night porter who served us drinks when we got in on Saturday night as my partner said to him that the library (?) room on the right as you come in is Haunted, apparently there's a presence of an old authoritative man in there. I'm not sure if his night shifts will ever be the same again!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe only £10 more and well worth it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pault1969

Sorry about the sink and bath plugs in your bedroom,our maintanance man will inspect.
Its the first time I have heard about the haunted Library room but that might explain why the piano keeps moving.

Thanks for your comments

Gordon (owner)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
#47 of 87 in Leeds
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Headingley Lodge
#2 of 9 in Headingley
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Been to Haley's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!