“more B&B than hotel, but perfectly clean and pleasant”

Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
England
“more B&B than hotel, but perfectly clean and pleasant”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting my brother who studies up in Leeds. It was very convenient for the Headingley area and still set in a nice quiet location. Our standard double room was well proportioned with a clean, modern en suite. Everything was cleaned to a good standard. Breakfast was good for me (fruit, cereal, full english, pastries etc) and they were even kind enough to organise some gluten free alternatives for my fiancee. Only improvements I'd want to see are some more pressure in the shower and availability of drinking water in the bedrooms (even bottled would be fine).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank goingaway_1985
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Glad you found Haley's to your liking, the pressure of the top floor showers do seem to reduce slightly when the hotel is full. Please call again. Gordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
grantham
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and everything about our stay was amazing.The room was lovely,we chose a beautiful turreted room.The bathroom and the room was very clean.The staff were all really friendly and helpful.Breakfast the next day was great.I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: room 22 is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank minkygirl
Look forward to seeing you again when your in Leeds. Gordon
leeds
Reviewed 11 February 2013

i am a disabled OAP who booked to stay for 2 weeks at this hotel. I found there was no one to help on arrival with my luggage. As i am unable to get up until the afternoon, i was not able to make breakfast times which was already paid for. So i was providing my own bread for 2 slices of toast in the afternoon, this polish receptionist ignored my requests when i phoned from my room. I had to walk round the dining room trying to find someone to do 2 slices of toast in my dressing gown in front of customers, it was really humiliating having to do this as a paying guest. The next evening when i went to restaurant to have my dinner, Annita the waitress treated me as if i didnt exist, totally humiliating. I burst in to tears and went to my room without eating and had to go out in the snow considering my disability to find something to eat. And in the whole 2 weeks my bedding was not changed once, no dusting or cleaing of the room what so ever even though i had asked for it to have a little clean. I fell in the snow trying to get my luggage in on my own as the snow was not dealt with and nobody helped me. I had informed the manager but he was not interested, i will be looking into compensation as i hurt my hip so much. I would highly recommend NOT staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank carmel d
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
People making statements or reviews of this type, have to be responsible for what they say, I am sure you will make up your own minds after reading this response and looking at other reviews.

This booking was made by a third party (A Housing Association).

On the guests arrival the Receptionist on duty carried the cases firstly into the reception area from outside and then to Bedroom 1 which was not to the guests liking and then carried the cases to the final destination Bedroom 5.

As breakfast finishes at 9am Monday to Friday and 9.30am Weekends, toast, butter and preserves were delivered to the bedroom on request on a regular basis at different times of the day.

We do not have any Polish Receptionists, the girls on reception feel that the comments passed could be thought of as Racist.

Anita, who works in the Restaurant on a 3 day a week basis and is a very pleasant lady was rather concerned when this guest started taking photographs of her without permission, I understand the guest said, “Was she earning money on the side?” (This comment was out of order).

The Manager spoke to this lady on the phone and offered to look after her services personally but this was turned down.

Housekeeping staff offered daily to change her sheets but the offer was declined as the lady was laid in bed watching television, although the bathroom, bedroom, tea and coffee etc were serviced daily.

This lady left prematurely, completely independently without handing her key in or even checking out at Reception.

I have sent the guest a copy of my response and invited her to have a meeting with me at her convenience, we will wait and see.

Gordon Jowett.
MD
Wargrave, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed here for the second time last night while visiting daughter at Leeds uni. This time we brought our Labrador and we were therefore offered the Garden Room, which forms part of Bedford House (annexe to main hotel on same site). The room is on the ground floor, with its own external entrance and a separate lobby - ideal for a dog. The room itself has got plenty of character and is nicely decorated. Spacious ensuite with bath and shower. Good quality toiletries. Buffet breakfast very good and included in room rate. Nice lounge bar with very reasonable prices. Last time we opted for a superior room located in one of the "turrets" - again very comfortable and spacious. Convenient spot in Headingley for local bars and shops, and cheap bus or taxi ride to city centre. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Garden room ideal if you're bringing a dog. Worth splashing out an extra tenner for one of the s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carolofberks
You are right, Haley's is very well placed for Leeds (shopping centre of the north) also cricket, rugby and the universities. Hope to see you again soon. Gordon
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I Stayed for two nights from the 31/1/13 to the 1/2/13.i stayed in a disabled room that was a few yards.away from the main hotel and the disabled was so nice in deed there was plenty of tea and coffee.and even biscuits there was a big bathroom with a shower.the bed is that comfy I wanted to take it home with me.the breakfast was help yourself from continental to a full breakfast.i shall definitely shall be going back in a few months time.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank skoda1965
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you, hope to see you again soon. Gordon
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here Friday and Saturday night with friends and it was perfect! The room was lovely and was nice to get somewhere where all 3 of us could stay in a room. The third bed was small but luckily my friend was only short so it suited her perfectly! The shower was amazing! Location is perfect with just a very short walk away from Headingley centre and with Free parking we couldnt fault it at all. Didn't have much interaction with staff but the staff we did see were all very friendly. Overall a lovely hotel and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Elh07
Thank you for your kind comments. Gordon
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

i had the pleasure of staying in haleys hotel for 2 nights .the hotel is a lovely old building with a nice garden .the reception was warm welcoming .my bedroom was nice and spacious spotlessly clean and came with all the comforts you would need .breakfast was great and staff very attentive to all your wishes .the hotel is situated on a quiet street but within 300 metres you have plenty of nightlife restaurants shops bars clubs i have to say this is a great little hotel would recommend

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank belfastlad45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 9 in Headingley
The Queens - Leeds
The Queens - Leeds
#11 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Haley's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!