“another succesful reunion in a small hotel.”

Haley's Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I thought the hotel acted splendidly over the weekend for another Leeds Medical School reunion.
33 for dinner on Friday night and 40 on Saturday and they still managed to look after their other guests.
Prices were very reasonable, food mostly well cooked and quite large portions.
Breakfast buffet was excellent.
We will certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would go for the deluxe doubles looking over the front garden.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SRM2491
CornmillLodge, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I did sense that the event went well it is always good to see people enjoying the occasion. We would be pleased to see you in the future as a group or as small individual bookings.

Many thanks

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'd happily recommend:
advantages: good sized room, quiet location, lots of parking space, comfy bed, newly decorated bathroom and fittings, very clean, tea and coffeemaking facilities, quick walk to shops, very reasonable cost +/- £69 (breakfast extra @ ?£6.50 each), we'd eaten well the night before in Headingley, so we skipped breakfast.
disadvantages: wifi signal not strong in the annex - so intermittent service

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jinny232
HaleysHotel, Owner at Haley's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Haley's on Sunday 27 April, as we needed to be at St James Hospital in the city centre early next morning, and wanted to avoid the rush hour traffic. My Hubby is going through cancer treatment and we wanted somewhere relaxing and away from it all for the evening. We had a voucher for a free night's accommodation in Leeds, and we chose Haley's as I'd stayed there before, but many years ago.
I'd read the reviews on here and was a little uncertain about going, but, hey, it was just one night... We arrived and parked, went in and we're met by a lovely young lady at reception. We were allocated room 6, and walked up the lovely staircase, admiring the chandeliers and pictures. Our room was lovely! And sooo quiet. I fell in love with the old-style bathroom, which although traditional, was sparkly and clean.
We went for a walk to get some dinner, as the hotel restaurant and bar are closed on a Sunday evening (which we knew about). Within two minutes we were in the middle of bustling Headingley, with my husband reminiscing about his childhood and exploring the perimeter of the sports stadium! We ate at the famous Skyrack pub and wandered back along Shire Oak Road. It's like passing through a time warp, as the noise of Headingley disappears and birdsong takes over. What a lovely haven of tranquility. After a brief saunter up the road past the hotel we returned to our room. The tea & coffee tray was very welcome, and I liked the fact that even the kettle was in keeping with the bygone theme of the room. We noted the iron, ironing board and hair dryer in the wardrobe. There was a clock-radio on the side table. We are so used to having things bolted to the wall in other hotels, that these 'free-standing' accessories were quite a novelty! We slept well, with the window open, and awoke to birdsong and the very, very, very distant rumble of traffic.
We didn't have breakfast, but would do if we were able to stay again.
I think I've spent too many nights in Travel Lodges, Premier Inns and other chain hotels, and until now had forgotten the charms of an individual, traditional hotel. Haley's is lovely, and it isn't perfect, but then neither is my mum's house and I love staying there too!
We loved the privacy and peace. We loved the quirky room, the fact that the windows opened, the traditional bathroom and the feeling that we were in a house, not a hotel. We loved the easy parking, the chandeliers and the hotel's proximity to Leeds City Centre.
We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiladyUk

Well said, I think we should look at using your review on some of our literature.

Thank you for your trouble.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

A night away to see the Leeds Wigan game.

A good hotel with safe parking and good staff.

Breakfast was not spectacular but good. The Room was small but very clean and an excellent nights sleep before the drive south.

Not sure of our next overnight visit to Leeds but when we do return we would use this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PBDavid

Don't know if your team won or not, I hope so.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for new years eve, the location is great just two minutes from all the bars and restaurants. Plenty of parking, rooms where nicely sized, had both shower and large bath, bed was lovely and comfortable and had spare cushions if needed. Only minor downside no fridge to keep drinks cool, but we didn't spend much time in the hotel.
Excellent value for money!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clou20

Pleased you found the beds comfortable, they are all new with built in cool type toppers and at the same time we bought all new anti-allergenic luxury duvets.Nice to hear guests are finding them comfortable, there is nothing like a good nights sleep to set you up for the next day.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

There seems to be a bit of a difference of opinion about Haleys. So here's my 2 penny's worth:

The room was clean and wasn't too hot as others had complained of. The bathroom was really nice with a good shower.
The food in the restaurant was OK, not brilliant by any stretch. Breakfast was a buffet. The table next to me when I stayed complained about the cooked breakfast element but I didn't have any so I can't comment on that.
The staff were absolutely fantastic. I arrived late and they held the kitchen open for me. I had forgotten my toothpaste and they actually went out and got some for me which I thought was fantastic service.
If I stayed here again I would probably try and eat elsewhere but couldn't fault the rooms and the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Good location. We booked a four poster room, which was lovely. The food wasn't great and there was very little choice for breakfast. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, but needed to know a little more about their city.

Room Tip: Would definitely advise a four poster room. Ours was very big, and had a nice bathroon.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#51 of 87 in Leeds
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Been to Haley's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!