“We had a nice time”

Oak Villa Hotel
Oak Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Headingley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We came to my son graduation and stayed at the Oak Villa which is a lovely old building with big car park and garden.
Our room was looking to the garden and it was comfortable with coffee making facilities and new TV. The next morning the breakfast was delicious.
The price is good and we are going to stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Oak Villa Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2011

was going to stay hear but had to leave as this bed and breatfast was unsutable as it had very deep steps up to the b and b which is not stayted on the internet and very old look and in need of a complete make over the room was ground floor which i asked for as my elderly mum was staying with me and the ground floor was right at the bottom of the house which my mum found very long to get there and the tv was poor as it kept loosing its signal and the kettle was not working at all and the room was very cold and the toilet seat was very low.when we turned up, my mum got to the entrance of the b and b and the owner just watched me having trouble with getting my mum to the inside of the buliding and i had to ask after the owner just watching me and did not even bring her a chair to sit on.I would not recomend this to anyone not even stoping over one night also there was not even anyone around when we had to leave the b and b .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank orklucy72
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed at the Oak Villa for two nights visiting our daughter at Leeds Uni. The location and house itself are great but the interior is very dreary. Our room was OK, but the sound proofing was terrible. We were at the front of the house on the first floor and found we could clearly hear phone conversations and the TV from next door. The staff were polite but a bit distant and the breakfast just about OK.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I use a lot of the lower cost hotels around Leeds. While the Oak Villa is rather 1970s in style and decor, this is more than offset by the efficiency of the staff, the quietness of the hotel at night, and the breakfast.

I stayed there last Saturday night in a single non-suite room for £30. It must rank as one of the most peaceful and comfortable nights I have spent in a small hotel in living memory. I was able to use the shower room and toilet across the hallway, so that was no problem.

The outside temperature was below freezing, but the heat was on in the room all night - not too hot or too cold.

The breakfast was more than adequate - juice, cereal, tea/coffee, toast, and a mid-sized cooked breakfast.

I happened to look into the kitchen at breakfast-time- it was spotless, and the chef was dressed in proper chef gear - white top and blue check bottoms. I certainly didn't get any stale odours in the hotel.

Check-in and check-out was very quick. The manageress was very helpful and informative.

I know that in this day and age, some may view the Oak Villa as some relic from the past. I could name some small hotels in Leeds that the Oak Villa would leave in the shade.

I left the hotel on Sunday morning delighted with my stay. ££ for ££, it was great value.

It may be some time before Im back there again as I have some other hotels pre-booked for future trips, but Im absolutely sure that I will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Booked a "bargain" single room for £35 to find on arrival that standard rate for a single room is £32. Arrived about 3.30 p.m. on a cold day to find no heating (radiators) in main part of hotel or room. Told heating would come on at 4.00 p.m. Went out and returned at 8.00 p.m. to discover radiator in room barely lukewarm. Moved to another room. Shared toilet and bathroom (just bath, no shower). Wi fi worked in first room (but slow) but not in second room.
Only a place to stay if last resort.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2010

i thought the atmosphere was good and the lady who ran it was very good =]
the room was a little old fashioned but i was happy for a bed for the night and the breakfast was lovely

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

You won't find a better deal or a more comfortable and welcoming stay in Leeds. The Oak Villa Hotel provides the perfect overnight, or longer term accommodation, to suit all needs. Recommend it to your friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Ascot Grange Hotel
#1 of 9 in Headingley
Ibis Leeds Centre
#29 of 87 in Leeds
Headingley Lodge
#3 of 9 in Headingley
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Been to Oak Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!