“Charming Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cliff Lawn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Headingley
Cliff Lawn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Charming Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This charming hotel is a gem tucked in a quiet area of NW Leeds. Less than 10 min taxi ride to the city center. We had the standard room which felt more like an apartment. High ceilings, lots of room, large comfortable bed, clean and quiet. Great English breakfast served in the morning, which was included in the price of our room. Business or pleasure you won't be disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Great English Breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting my Daughter who goes to Leeds University. She found this little gem online so we booked it as it was only 10 minutes from her. My first impressions outside were favourable, the building is large and a little ominous, (it reminded me of an old Hammer house set which I liked). and there was ample parking. Once inside it felt very comfortable. I did feel that the hotel was a little to warm with the central heating, but our room was large and very comfortable and well equipped including a wall mounted flat screen and a tea and coffee area; we also had 2 large windows with different views over the grounds which are very well kept. The on suite was very nice and we had a selection of free toiletries. It is also perfectly located behind the main road through headingly, and only a 10 min taxi ride from Leeds centre, And I thought that it was very reasonably priced. We didn't eat at the hotel so I cant comment on the food, but I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night as we were going to a show at the Leeds direct arena and this hotel is very good money for your value. It's nice and modern inside and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We had an excellent nights sleep and a very nice cooked English breakfast too. With onsite parking facilities to your car is safe and the hotel is in a cul de sac location away from the main roads so it's a nice quiet area. The city centre is only a 5 min taxi for about £6. I can definitely recommend staying at the cliff lawn hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stones2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We took 6 adults and a 7 month old to the Cliff Lawn hotel for an overnight stay. The service was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very well presented and clean. Real value for money, plenty of room for a travel cot. It's also in a really quiet area but handy distance from Leeds town centre. We will be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I was going house-hunting in Leeds. I would imagine it would also prove a useful base for parents visiting students in the city as its near the student areas of town.

Its a fancy old house that has seen better days. However if it was better decorated with better service I would imagine it would cost a lot more.

Service: standard really nothing over an above. When I misread the instructions regarding breakfast timings and was late the manager/ owner was rather rude about it (I did wonder if he was trying to be funny) but they did get me a breakfast.

Room: the room was fine but the en-suit had be squeezed in making a rather strangely shaped room.

Overall I would stay here again if I needed to stay in the part of town but not for a romantic break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed overnight with friends for an evening out in Leeds, The hotel location was great only 10 minute walk to the bus stop, very regular buses & only a 10 minute journey into the centre. Great private car park at the hotel. The lovely old building could do with a bit of TLC but the rooms were clean & comfortable & the breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We recently stayed at Cliff Lawn. Lovely building, friendly staff. Clean and spacious room. Private car park. Buses every 10 minutes at the bottom of the road and in Leeds in 10 minutes.
very nice full breakfast and a lovely cup of tea!

Room Tip: we had a spacious room at the front of the building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Leeds City Centre
The Chambers Park Place
Headingley Lodge
#3 of 9 in Headingley
Weetwood Hall
#28 of 87 in Leeds
Ascot Grange Hotel
#1 of 9 in Headingley

Been to Cliff Lawn Hotel? Share your experiences!