Ascot Grange Hotel
Boundary Hotel(Headingley)
Headingley Lodge(Headingley)
Broomhurst Hotel(Headingley)
View Hotel
All reviewssingle roomfrequent busesbudget hotelexcellent value for moneyplenty of free parkingcity centrewhat it says on the tinwould stay againroom was cleantea making facilitiesbit datedmain roadstayed one nighteasy accessfull english breakfastgood sizevisiting leeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hotel close to the Leeds Festival i was attending at the weekend. Good honest and not flashy hotel. Does the Job and suitable for those on a budget, better than a recent travel lodge I have stayed in. Location is excellent fo travelling into the city.
Single room had a good area and plenty of storage space and the usual tea/coffee tray.
Good breakfast and excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was the perfect location for a nearby party, but next time I'd probably pay a little more to go up a notch. Tired, tired place without the charm a transitional B and B might aspire to. If it's just a quiet bed, with only the basics, that you need then ok, but Premier Inn and the like do this much better. Sorry Ascot Grange!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very good value here; everything clean and convenient. I was upgraded to a bigger room as soon as I arrived, The location was excellent for where I needed to be. Comfortable bed but an extra pillow would have been nice; though I am sure I could have just asked for one. Free Wi-Fi easy to connect to and worked perfectly. I immediately emailed friends to urge them to consider booking this hotel for my nephew's graduation later this Summer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Difficult to believe that the £5 we paid for breakfast did include three courses all of which were excellent. And the room, spotless and very well furnished with a comfortable bed for the price we paid Well!! We have never had better value. Add to this the the polite attention of the staff and the proprietor, who we were fortunate to meet and thank. Perhaps we should have kept this place secret because we shall definitely want to stay here each time we visit a daughter in Leeds.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grenmalvern
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the second time I have used this hotel for overnight stays in Leeds.

The reception area is unpretentious and is unlikely to arouse any great expectations. However, service is prompt and the staff, invariably, helpful.

The double room we had on this occasion was on the first floor. It was relatively small, but clean and perfectly adequate. There was an en suite bathroom. The room was also equipped with coffee-making facilities and a flat-screen tv.

A small bar and lounge is available near reception for the use of guests. Its stock is limited and beer is from chilled cans. It is open in the evenings until 10 pm.

The hotel, I believe, also offers a selection of hot meals during evening hours. We have not tried these dinners, however.

We booked our room from a popular website and paid £40 with an option of a further £5 each for breakfast. £50 in total. This was actually cheaper than our first visit.

Breakfast, during weekdays, is between 7 am and 8.15 am. The times are clearly suited to business travellers. The breakfast itself was very good value and the menu offered juice, cereal, toast and full English.

The location of the hotel is advantageous. It is a main route to the city centre of Leeds and there are several restaurants and pubs nearby. If you do not eat in the hotel, I would recommend the New Inn pub, about 10 minutes walk along Otley Road in the city centre direction. This is a Greene King pub with a varied menu.

All in all, the hotel provides good value and is fit for purpose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple